The captivating, classic Australian city of Adelaide is a city of churches, good food and great wine - many consider it to be the wine capital of Australia. Classic architecture features sandstone homes and cottages with sweeping gardens and greenbelts. This young Australian city is rich in recent history and yet charmingly modern. A city with a passion for fine living, Adelaide is truly the festival city.
Enjoy stunning views from Montefiore Hill. See historic landmarks such as Victoria Square and the Terraces that separate Adelaide from the greenbelts. We will also visit the seaside town of Glenelg and Haigh's Chocolates!
At the conclusion of your tor around the city, take a scenic cruise along the Torrens River on board the famous 'Pop-eye'. Alight at Adelaide Zoo to visit Wang Wang and Funi - the only endangered Giant Pandas in the Southern Hemisphere and the first to live permanently in Australia! Continue with the river cruise back to the city at Elder Park.
- Victoria Square - heart of the city
- Gouger Street - restaurants/cafes
- The grand boulevard of King William Street
- The Terraces - north, south, east and west that separate the city from the greenbelts
- Parks, gardens and greenbelts
- River Torrens with its delightful garden banks
- Parliament House
- State Library with the Bradman collection
- Trinity Church - Adelaide's oldest church
- Trendy Hutt Street
- Visit Haigh's Chocolates
- Enjoy complimentary tea or coffee accompanied by fine Haigh's chocolates
- Visit the seaside town of Glenelg
- Perhaps a walk along Jetty Road, browse in the shops or simply relax on the beach
- Beehive Corner at Rundle Mall
- Adelaide Oval - one of Australia's most notable cricket grounds
- Quaint suburbs of North Adelaide
- O'Connell Street - restaurants and trendy shops
- St Peter's Cathedral
- Colonel Light's Lookout on Montefiore Hill affording spectacular views over Adelaide
- Board the famous 'Pop-eye' for a truly memorable scenic cruise on the Torrens River
- Picturesque scenery and prolific birdlife provide the beautiful backdrop to the city of Adelaide
- Adelaide Zoo - dedicated to conservation and public education about the habitat of animals and endagered species
- Alight at Adelaide Zoo jetty and take a short stroll to the zoo entry
- Time to explore the zoo at leisure before your allocated Giant Pandas viewing time
- Observe Wang Wang and Funi in their new home.
- Re-board 'Pop-eye' to complete your river cruise experience back to the city at Elder Park where your tour concludes.
- Hotel pick-up View Hotel Pick-up List
- Coach touring
- Haigh's Chocolates (Mon to Sat)
- River cruise
- Adelaide Zoo admission
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- River cruise will not operate in extreme weather conditions.
- Haigh's not available Sunday.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat.