Understand Aboriginal culture in today's world in a genuine Aboriginal community. Modern influences and ancient spiritual beliefs shape the lives of the Eastern Arrernte people at the Santa Teresa Aboriginal community. Meet local Aboriginal artists and gain an appreciation of their way of life and artistic creativity.
- Head out through Heavitree Gap
- Follow outback roads deep into the remote desert
- Cross through vast outback cattle stations
- Learn about bush medicine, Aboriginal culture and today's Aboriginal way of life
- Visit the Santa Teresa Aboriginal community - authentic and non commercial
- Visit Santa Teresa Catholic Church noted for its magnificent Aboriginal murals adorning the church walls
- Visit the Keringke Art Centre and watch Aboriginal artists at work
- There's an opportunity to meet local artists from the Eastern Arrernte community
- See the works and perhaps meet noted Aboriginal artist Kathleen Wallace
- There's an opportunity to buy locally made Aboriginal art from the artists themselves
- Take in panoramic views of the rugged landscape from the hilltop above the village
- Enjoy complimentary morning tea with Aboriginal ladies.
- Morning tea
- Meeting with Aboriginal artists
- Hotel pick up
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge, provided they do not occupy seats.
- Visits with the Arrernte Aboriginal people are subject to their cultural requirements. At times the community will not be accessible and alternative arrangements will then be made.
- Please call the number in your voucher to schedule your hotel pick-up at least 24 hours before departure.
- This tour requires a minimum number of participants to run, please call to check for availability.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.