Follow Larapinta Drive into the Aboriginal homelands of the Arrernte people and into real outback adventure country - the Finke Gorge National Park. Travel by 4WD coach on the dry bed of the Finke River to Palm Valley, a strange semi - tropical oasis in the red center. Bushwalk in Palm Valley where groves of Livistona palms grow in this remote arid region. Hermannsburg, an 1870's Lutheran mission, showcases Aboriginal history, culture and art.
- Head west on Larapinta Drive alongside the ochre coloured West MacDonnells
- Cross vast open outback plains on Namatjira Drive
- Visit Hermannsburg - an 1870's Lutheran mission
- Wander through historic buildings, the museum and art gallery and learn the reality of Aboriginal history in this region
- Morning tea is provided in Hermannsburg
- Head off road and onto the dry bed of the Finke River
- Follow the riverbed to Finke Gorge National Park
- Venture further into the Gorge to Palm Valley - an oasis in this arid region
- Walk on the dry river bed alongside remarkable Livistona Palms and Cycads
- Walk along the valley rim with stunning views over Palm Valley
- Kalarranga Lookout - amazing views over the Amphitheatre and Finke Valley
- Enjoy a delicious ploughman's lunch in these spectacular surrounds
- Witness the changing colours of the West MacDonnells in the afternoon light.
- Hermannsburg entrance fee
- Morning tea
- Ploughman's lunch
- Hotel pick-up View Hotel Pick-up List
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Hat, sunscreen, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in walks.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.