The Wadi Mujib Reserve the lowest nature reserve in the world covers 212 kilometers squared. Its rugged and spectacular mountains border the Dead Sea coast 416 meters below sea level. It lies in a deep valley holding some of Jordan's most breathtaking scenery and is home to a wide diversity of plant and wildlife. The magnificent scenery and the challenge of negotiating Mujib's fast-flowing rivers makes the Reserve one of Jordan's most popular natural attractions.
The Malaqi Trail is an exciting water trail. It starts at the visitor center and follows the same route into the nature reserve as the Ibex Trail. It leads quickly to a striking area of creamy-white hills made of soft rock deposits.
After passing through these hills, you begin your descent to the river Mujib; crystal clear, fast flowing and teeming with life. Small fish are plentiful, as well as frogs. Bright kingfishers are often seen speeding along the river channel, as well as circling birds of prey. Dense vegetation lines the river sides, making a stark contrast to the arid, naked mountains that surround you.
The hike continues upstream along in the river to its confluence with the Hidan River (Malaqi area). Here you can linger, eat a picnic and just enjoy this wild paradise. You can also enjoy swimming in the natural pools. You then move on through the Mujib gorge to descend a waterfall, 20 meters in height, using ropes.
From here you continue along the rest of the river, back to the visitor center.
Duration: 6 to 8 hours
Level of Difficulty: Difficult
Group Size: Minimum of 5 pax, maximum of 25 pax
Starting Hour: between 08:00 and 08:30
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- Trail is subject to weather conditions.
- Guiding services in Mujib are not available during the month of Ramadan.
- This tour is not recommended for those with a fear of heights or have any worries about descending on ropes.
- We recommend you to plan to start the trails at 08:00.
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.