Go beyond the iconic Heineken, Grolsch and Amstel brands and delve deeper into the fascinating world of Dutch beer on this walking tour that incorporates lots of drink stops! Upon meeting your local guide in front of the Bierkoning shop, a short distance from the original Heineken building in the Amsterdam center, an appropriate starting place for this refreshing adventure. Walk the beautiful streets of Amsterdam, stopping at the bars of the downtown area to sample local beers and learn about the American and German influences that have shaped the Dutch brewing industry. Stop at the New Market area to visit the spot where Amsterdam's nuns used to brew beer back in the 16th century then choose to take an optional detour through the red light district to visit a small brewery located within this infamous area. Continue on and finish the adventure at a legendary local beer hall that stocks more than 200 different varieties of beer! Beer lovers will be amazed at the range on offer here. Choose to sip on a pale lager, gulp some golden ale or sample a strong stout to celebrate the end of the tour. Raise a glass with friends, make a toast to Amsterdam and don't forget to check out the on-site beer retail store to stock up on your favorite brew or pick up some specialized beer glasses. This tour ends here, and you are free to head back to your accommodation, stay on at the beer hall for another sneaky tipple or explore this magnetic city a little more at your own pace. Cycle Amsterdam
It only takes 5 minutes and you'll feel like a local on your bike, as this tour goes out of the city center and into the quieter areas and hidden spots of Amsterdam. There's no better way to get familiar with the city other than by bike. You'll see much of the city's diverse neighborhoods and hear amazing tales of how Amsterdam grew from a small farming community to one of world domination. Start your Amsterdam tour by jumping on board a bicycle and travel like the locals do! Join an expert local guide to tour Amsterdam on two wheels. Starting from the center of town, pedal towards the city's oldest wear house district. Then head to De Waag, a remnant of the city walls that dates back to the 15th century. These days, De Waag is surrounded by locals living in the Red Light, an area which houses coffee shops, restaurants, and even an organic food market. We will also have time to admire some of Amsterdam's ultra-modern buildings, with a stop at our city's newest library terrace, where you can see the city sprawl out below while perhaps having a coffee and chatting with the guide. For more fantastic Amsterdam travel pictures and views over the city, we keep riding to the Amstel River and waterfront areas. This tour really highlights the Dutch's great engineering and entrepreneurial spirit. You'll see a good portion of the surrounding city most tourists never get to. Tour SchedulesAmsterdam Beer Tour -
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 16:00Cycle Amsterdam -
daily at 10:00
Includes Amsterdam Beer
- Three beer samples
- One typical Dutch snack bar Cycle Amsterdam
- English speaking guide
- Bikes for the whole afternoon
- Visit to the public library terrace
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Entrance fee to local brewery
- Please select the tour that you would like to take first and then indicate the chosen tour date for the second tour upon booking. Tours must be taken within 48 hours from the time that the first tour is availed.
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old. Each participant must bring with them valid IDs to present to the guide.
- Due to the changing Dutch weather, it is important to be well equipped against the rain and the wind.
- Please wear proper foot gear for walking the cobbled streets.
- This tour is offered on a "join-in" basis.
- Please bring along a contact phone number, especially if you are running late - the tour guide can meet you at the bike rental shop.
- For Cycle Amsterdam, the tour ends at Amsterdam City Center, Dam Square.