You will meet your English speaking tour guide at the reception of Impala hotel. After a brief introductory meeting, you will travel to Moshi, around an hour's drive from Arusha. In Moshi you will meet the very special children of the Amani Children's Home. Amani supports street children by giving them a safe place to stay and educational and emotional support. You will be given the opportunity to check out the new school which has been built with the help of donors and be inspired by this project which is changing children's lives.
From Moshi, the tour will drive on to the Kilimanjaro base town of Marangu, about 40 minutes away. You then embark on a walking tour of Mshiri village, the base for the Village Education Project, where you will witness the day-to-day life of the Chagga people, long established as crop-growers on the fertile slopes of Mt Kilimanjaro. You will visit their homes, walk around the shamba (farm), visit the primary school as well as the other institutions where local young people are taught various skills. Lunch provides an opportunity to sample Chagga food, which is very filling. You will also visit the nearby waterfalls and stop to admire the view of the plains below. At the end of the tour you will return to the vehicle for the journey back to Arusha.
- Local lunch
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- Guests have to be 12 years old and above to take the tour.
- Please be aware that dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this, and for your own convenience, it is strongly recommended that you wear modest clothing. This means tops that cover the shoulders (singlets and tank tops are not suitable) and at least knee-length shorts. Another suggestion is a mixture of loose, lightweight clothing, and warm clothing for the evenings. Topless sun bathing is unacceptable.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.