Take a trip back in history with a memorable day out at the River Kwai and its famous bridge. The river is in the Kanchanaburi province, and the first part of the tour covers sightseeing in the provincial town itself: the bridge as well as the allied war cemeteries.
Perhaps the most spectacular part of the tour is the hour long train ride along the death railway itself up to the end of the line at Nam Tok Station, very close to the Sai Yoke Noi waterfall. The train slows down at the most impressive viewpoints en route for some great photos of the stunning jungle scenery. You will have lunch at a local restaurant, and afterwards there is a long tail boat ride along the Kwai Noi River.
- Pick up from Bangkok city center hotels
- Buffet lunch
- Train ride
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Departure times are estimates only and may be an hour earlier or later. Our local tour operator will contact you regarding actual pick-up time depending on your hotel.
- Changes may be made to the itinerary.
- Ride will be on a Regular Train. There is no guarantee that you will have a seat on the train.
- You can upgrade your ticket to Deluxe Class, which will guarantee you a seat, at an additional cost payable at the train station on the day of the tour itself.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.