Day 1 Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son
Transfer from Bangkok hotels at 06:15 to Bangkok Airport for flight connection in Chiang Mai for another flight to Mae Hong Son. Arrive in Mae Hong Son and check in at hotel. Lunch at local a restaurant followed by a half-day city and temple tour with a visit to the impressive Phra That Doi Kong Mu Temple on the hill and the lakeside temples. Dinner and overnight at your booked hotel.
Day 2 Mae Hong Son
Breakfast. Full day soft adventure and culture excursion. Go on an exciting long tail boat tour along the Pai River, an elephant ride through the jungle and a visit to the Long Necked Karen Village. The Karen women are known for wearing numerous brass rings around their elongated necks. Lunch at a local restaurant. Dinner and overnight at your booked hotel.
Day 3 Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai
Breakfast. Visit the fresh morning market of Mae Hong Son and transfer to the Mae Hong Son Airport for flight to Chiang Mai. Arrive in Chiang Mai and visit the Thai Home Industry villages at Bo Sang and San Kampaeng. Lunch at a local restaurant before going off to see a renowned umbrella-making village, the traditional way of making lacquer ware, teakwood carving and furniture making, celadon pottery, silverware and jewelry making. In the late afternoon visit the holiest temple in the Chiang Mai region - Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, a temple containing a much-revered Buddhist relic. Follow it up with a Northern Thai Khantoke dinner and a dance performance by the hill tribes.
Day 4 Chiang Mai - Chiang Mai Aiport
Breakfast. The morning remains at your leisure. No lunch included. In the afternoon, transfer to Chiang Mai Airport.
- Pick up from Bangkok city center hotels
- All entrance fees as appropriated
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Accommodation in air-conditioned room with bath/shower
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Domestic airline tickets and airport taxes
- Due to variable weather conditions, the flights between Chiang Mai and Mae Hong Son may be cancelled. We reserve the right to operate a minivan transfer between Mae Hong Son and Chiang Mai, subject to an additional fee to be paid on the spot.
- There will be a compulsory New Year supplement to be added to tour price on affected days. Please inquire.
- There will be no refund for unused services.
- Local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to tour contents/itinerary.
- Rates for triple rooms are the same as the rates for the twin/double rooms.
- Early hotel check-in (before noon), late hotel check out (after lunch), connecting rooms, and adjoining rooms are not guaranteed.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.