Montserrat with Cog-Wheel Train + Artistic City Sightseeing
PART 1 Montserrat with Cog-wheel Train
Ascent on Montserrat on board a cog-wheel train and get exceptional views of the surroundings from this majestic mountain. Montserrat rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,235 meters).
Next, visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin. The Royal Basilica has been one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Spain for hundreds of years.
On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery at midday, and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances.
The price includes a taste of 4 typical liquors of Montserrat and entrance free to the audiovisual "Montserrat Portes Endins."
Then it's off to see the works of Spanish masters Gaudi and Picasso.
PART 2 Artisitic City Sightseeing
Gaudi, one of the greatest innovators of his time, has left behind numerous treasures for the discerning tourist to discover in Barcelona. Tour starts along Paseo de Gracia to see Gaudi's famous apartment buildings including Casa Batllo and La Pedrera.
Then enjoy a 30-minute visit at Gaudi's bizarre Parc Guell which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Keep an eye on your watch, it's easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park.
Continue to the La Sagrada Familia (Holy Family) Cathedral, Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece which is Barcelona's most famous landmark, where you will stop for around 30 minutes.
You will also visit Barcelona's the famous Sta María del Mar, the only gothic church in Catalonia completely finished. The tour ends near the Picasso Museum which exhibits works from the blue and pink periods of the world-famous painter.
You can choose to remain in the Museum or go back to our starting point.
- Visit to the Royal Basilica of Montserrat
- Paseo de Gracia
- Parc Guell
- La Sagrada Familia Cathedral
- Barcelona Bull Ring
- Cathedral Sta. Maria del Mar
- Ride on cog-wheel train
- Visit to Royal Basilica of Montserrat
- Entrance to Parc Guell
- A taste of 4 typical liquors of Montserrat
- Entrance free to the audiovisual "Montserrat Portes Endins"
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Entrance to Picasso Museum
- Children 7 years old and below are free of charge.
- For tours in French and Italian, the Montserrat and Artistic City Sightseeing tours cannot be taken on the same day.
- The cog-wheel train does not operate on weekends and holidays. You may book the Montserrat and Artistic City Sightseeing tour on these days.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.