We depart from Barcelona at 08:30 from outside the Hard Rock and set out for Figueres, the birthplace of Dalí and home to the world famous Dalí Museum-Theatre. Here you will be able to explore where he was born on Monturiol Street and visit the museum.
Those wanting to visit, will find a museum like none other. Dalí wanted visitors to see his massive collection as a 'whole' work, and for this reason he wanted no catalogues and refused to have his works placed in chronological or subject order. Step inside Dalí's world of fantasy mixed with architecture mixed with paintings and sculptures. It's a complete surrealistic experience.
After our morning visit inside the mind of Dalí, we head for the beautiful coastal village of Cadaqués.
Famous for its white washed Mediterranean houses, narrow shady streets, and sandy bay, this is one of the most picturesque villages on the Costa Brava.
But what really stands out for many people is the dramatic drive there, which offers some of the best views in the whole of Catalunya.
For lunch, you can enjoy local seafood specialities in one of the numerous terraces facing the Mediterranean, or grab a sandwich and simply relax and appreciate why this place inspired so many artists.
After lunch we will travel just a few minutes up the coast to the even smaller village of Port Lligat, the place where Dalí sought the peace and quiet that truly inspired him.
When the artist met the love of his life, Gala, he broke away from his parents and bought a fishermen's hut there.
It was here that Dalí lived from 1930 onwards, gradually altering and enlarging the original dwelling he bought there and which shared the same name as the bay.
The house of Port Lligat must be considered Dalí's only true home. It was in this studio that he painted the majority of his great works. Every detail of the house bears his imprint, and the house still contains his original furniture and decoration.
Finally, we will more on to Cap de Creus, the most easterly point of mainland Spain and one of the most starkly beautiful coastal landscapes in the whole of the country.
If you like the Costa Brava and want to see more, then have a look at our Girona and Costa Brava Day Tour.
We will leave at around 17:00 and arrive back in Barcelona at around 19:00.
- Transport in a small luxury mini-coach with full air-conditioning
- Services of a professional guide
- Entrance fees into the Dali Theater-Museum in Figueres
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Entrances to other museums and attractions
- To ensure that you will receive our guide's undivided attention, this tour is limited to 15 participants only.
- Tour stops in places where you have a range of lunch options to suit all budgets.
- Time off the bus will be allotted to give you opportunities to get out and about, please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection.
- All return times are approximate.
- To avoid the crowds in Cadaques during the height of the summer, we substitute the Dalí house in Port Lligat with a visit to Pubol Castle, the magnificent present he gave to his beloved wife. Book The Dali Route - Summer Tour.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"This was NOT for Milo Hill but for Barbara Ford. The small group was a plus, the guide was Karina with Daytours from Barcelona and she was excellent. "
Barbara F., USA