Tour II of Historic Beijing begins at the Yonghe Lamasery and one of the best examples of the regions many sacred temples. Lama Temple reveals diverse architectural styles from Han, Mongolia, Manchuria and Tibet, and the impressive 60-foot Maitreya Buddha, carved form a single sandalwood tree. Then it's on to one of the high points of anyone visiting Beijing, a trip to the zoo to see the frolicking pandas, a living Chinese treasure.
After a stop for lunch, you will then visit the Emperors retreat, the historic Summer Palace. Used for eight centuries, the Empress Dowager Cixi had the estate renovated in the 19th century, including the manmade lake we see today. Besides touring the ornate palace, you will stroll through one of Beijing's favorite parks.
We recommend you also take Tour I, which is held on alternating days. Each is a complete tour and can be taken separately.
- Lama Temple
- Panda Garden at Beijing Zoo
- Summer Palace
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation by air conditioned coach/mini van
- Transportation tax
- English speaking guide
- Chinese style lunch
- Admission tickets
- Cruise port pick-up
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Japanese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Cantonese guided tours are available at an additional cost. Please inquire.
- Hotel pick-up must be confirmed with local tour operator 24 hours in advance to guarantee service
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Beijing City Tours & Sightseeing
- Beijing Private Tours
- Day Tours in Beijing
- The Great Wall at Badaling and Ming Tomb
- Essential Beijing -- Great Wall at Badaling, Forbidden City, Tian An Men Square
- The Great Wall at Badaling and Ming Tomb Private Tour
- Essential Beijing -- Great Wall at Badaling, Forbidden City, Tian An Men Square Private Tour