For almost one thousand years Bergen, Norway's second largest city estimated to have been founded in 1070, has been the destination of travellers from all around the world.
Located at the west coast of Norway some of the most popular attractions include the Funicular, Aquarium, the Hanseatic Museum and, as the birthplace of the hugely popular composer Edward Grieg, the Edward Grieg Museum which receives thousands of visitors from all over the world. Even the local Tourist Information Centre is an attraction in its own right-- housed in The old Bergen Exchange, built in 1862 and containing the famous Fresco Hall with murals painted by Axel Revoid that have been long recognised as a national treasure.
Bergen resounds with music and as well as one of the world's oldest symphony orchestras, has some of the country's best choirs, jazz musicians who improvise through the night and operatic singers - it also has the country's first national theatre and is host to many international festivals.
Stop 1 - Skolten Cruise Terminal
Stop 2 - Bryggen & Hanseatic Museum
Stop 3 - Tourist Information, The Fishmarket & The Flower market
Stop 4 - Tollbodkaia Viewpoint
Stop 5 - Bergen Aqarium
Stop 6 - Fredriksberg Fortress
Stop 7 - Den Nationale Scene
Stop 8 - Muséplass Bergen Museum
Stop 9 - Festplassen, The City Park
Stop 10 - The Fishmarket
Stop 11 - Mount Fløien Funicular Station
Stop 12 - St Marys Church, Bryggen and Bergenhus FortressLoop duration:
60 minutes Frequency:
30 minutes View route map
Commentary available in English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Norwegian, Russian and Spanish.
- 24-hour hop on hop off ticket
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 5 years old are free of charge.
- Schedules are subject to change.
- You may choose to hop on the bus at any stop along the route and exchange your voucher there.Ticket Validity
All ticket validities are for consecutive hours/days from first use.
- A 1-day ticket is valid only for the day of redemption.
- A 24-hour ticket is valid from the time redeemed until the same time the following day.
The same principle applies for a 2-day/ 48-hour (or more) ticket.
- 8 days before the activity: Free cancellation
- 4 days before the activity: 20% cancellation fee
- Less than 4 days before the activity: 100% cancellation fee