Best of Flanders Experience
Immerse yourself in Ostend, Bruges and Ghent on this full day guided tour of the northern part of Belgium. Make the most of your time and see the best Flanders has to offer!
Meet your local guide in Brussels and leave straight for Ostend. Popularly known as the "City by the Sea," there are over five and a half miles of sandy beaches to be found here and along the promenade you can find many shops, bars and restaurants.
One of Ostend's main, and maybe lesser known, trump cards is the gastronomy. What better place to sample the sea's delicacies than on the seaside? Enjoy some fresh North Sea shrimps and a Rodenbach beer to go with that while you enjoy the sand and sun along the Ostend beach.
The it's off to Bruges! This Flemish city is Belgium's most popular destination and, despite being overrun much of the year, it's not to be missed. You will experience Bruges on a canal ride (approximately 35 minutes), past Alms houses and the Unesco Belfry and Halls. Venture inside the Chapel of the Holy Blood, where it's believed Christ's blood was taken after the crusades and admire the beautiful statue the Madonna with Child by Michelangelo.
Last stop is the medieval city of Ghent. Ghent is Flanders' unsung city. Sandwiched between Brussels and Bruges, this attractive medieval canal city has been long been overlooked by visitors on the traditional art town hop between Belgium's big three.
Although the Saint Bavo Cathedral is impressive from the outside, formidable queues form to see the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb an altarpiece painted by Jan Van Eyck. See the 14th century World Heritage-listed belfry rising from the old cloth hall, admire the towers of the medieval Gravensteen castle and closer to hand, the Graslei; the most photographed waterfront promenade with its magnificent guild houses. It is no surprise, perhaps, that Ghent is the preferred city of many regular visitors to Flanders.
You full day guided tour will conclude upon return to the Central Station at Brussels.
- Entrance to the Saint Bavo Cathedral
- 35-minute canal ride in Bruges
- Lunch a la carte (choice of Belgian food, pasta or vegetarian)
- North Sea shrimps and Rodenbach beer
- Local guide
- Roundtrip transportation by train and public transport (no traffic jams)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel pick-up
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met.
- Please don't forget to bring your camera and an umbrella or rain jacket.
- You are not allowed to smoke in the coach.
- There are some parts of the city where we cannot drive with the bus, there will be a bit of walking involved.
- Valid tour vouchers must be presented before boarding.
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge.
- Tour is available, upon request, in other languages for bookings of 10 or more people. Please inquire.
- This is a highly personalized tour with a maximum of 20 participants.
- Transportation will be by train, public bus or tram. Walking will be reduced to a minimum. Participants will sit together in first class compartments.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.