We will visit the Peles Castle, the former residence of the Romanian Royal Family. Situated in the Carpathian Mountains, this Neo Renaissance castle has hosted many important personalities, including celebrities, dignitaries and royalty. It is also home to over one of Europe's most important painting collections, housing almost 2,000 pieces of art.
After some time at the castle, we will enjoy a wine tasting and traditional three course lunch at Azuga Wine Cellars, which was founded in 1892 and is considered the official wine supplier of the Royal Family.
08:30 - Departure from Bucharest to Sinaia (120 km)
10:00 - Arrival in Sinaia resort and visit Sinaia Monastery & Peles Castle
13:00 - Departure from Sinaia to Azuga (20 km)
14:00 - Lunch and wine tasting
16:30 - Departure to Bucharest (140 km)
18:30 - Arrival in Bucharest
- Lunch and wine tasting
- Services of an English speaking driver/guide
- Transportation to the sites as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Tours in other languages are available on request and at an additional cost.
- This tour does not operate on official holidays.
- Up to one infant under 3 years old per group can join the tour for free. Additional infants are charged at the full adult rate.
- On request, the tour can be scheduled for another time of the day except Mondays and Tuesdays, when the castles are closed for visitors.
- In November, instead of visiting Peles Castle we will visit its smaller replica, Queen Maria's Pelisor Castle.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.