A new and exciting era is coming to the Hungarian wine industry. Now is your chance to become part of it!
With over 22 entirely different wine regions and more than 100 different varietals of which 30+ are indigenous to Hungary, there is certainly a lot to discover. Our wine tasting program is designed to introduce the mainstream Hungarian wines as well as teach our guests about the wines grown and how they are crafted in Hungary today.
Our guide will walk you through the 6 types we offer and explain all the significant history behind each of them. Of the 6 wines to be tried 1 will be Tokaj selection and the others will be a mix of red and whites that will introduce you to the wines being made in Hungary.
- Overview of wine history in Hungary
- 6 tier wine tasting
- Typical Hungarian wine tidbit snacks
- Tips on types of wine to try
- Private English-speaking guide
- 6 tier wine tasting
- Pick-up option
- Entrance to sights and museums
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- This program is not led by a professional sommelier. It is held in a wine cellar in the ruins of a former Dominican Cloister.
- Participants must be able to walk up and down several flights of stairs with handrails without difficulty.
- This tour goes in all weather conditions. The tour operator is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.