There are not many countries beside Hungary, where the art of folk-dancing is at such high artistic level. There exists even a college for studying Hungarian folk dances.
The Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, the Danube Folk Ensemble and Rajkˇ Folk Ensemble are three of the best professional Hungarian folk ensembles with the longest tradition (formed in 1951, 1957, and 1952), which have performances all around the country and abroad. All the three of the ensembles consist of a minimum of 30 artists. Their choreographies are based on authentic dances. Some of them were collected in isolated villages and date back hundreds of years. Through the performed dances you can get a broad view of the music, dance and costume heritage of Hungary and the Hungarian inhabited areas.
There are three ensembles: the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, the Rajko Folk Ensemble, and the Duna Folk Ensemble. Every concert starts at 20:00, and consists of two parts, 40-45 minutes each, plus an intermission.
- Professional Certified Folk Ensemble acts
- Rich Folkloric History Aspects
- Minimum 30 professional performers on stage
- Entry tickets to show
- Pick-up option
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Children below 7 years old are free of charge.
- The Theatre Management reserves the right to refuse admission and request latecomers to wait admission to the auditorium until a convenient break in the performance. The Theatre Management cannot guarantee that latecomers can occupy the self-same seats assigned to them by their tickets.
- Pick-up service is available for an additional charge. Please inquire.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"An excellent way to view traditional Hungarian folk culture. The musicians and dancers were of an extremely high standard and really seemed to enjoy giving their performance. "
Susan Y., Australia