Full Day Montevideo City
Type: Tours around Buenos Aires
Departs From: Buenos Aires
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up
Duration: 10 hours
Available: daily at 07:00
Product Code: 4976
Montevideo, the capital of the Republic of Uruguay, has more than two and a half centuries of existence. It is also one of the only continental capitals with a ring of beaches incorporated into the urban landscape. This singular feature gives the city's appearance a special character and serves as a "purifying lung."
Cultural life in Montevideo is rich and offers a great deal of variety. It is also home to many first-class singers and musicians of all styles. It is home to both an official and independent theater circuits, hosting shows year round. One of the best-known theaters is the Solís which was recently restored and is one of the oldest theatres in Latin America.
The city maintains historic testimonies both in its old and new sectors.
Your day will start with a guided walking tour through Old Montevideo. In the old part of town you will find a large number of cultural centers and museums which feature new paintings and photography expositions all the time. You will have the opportunity to explore the Taranco Palace, the Post Office, and the Cathedral.
After learning about the history of Montevideo you will have some free time to enjoy lunch (at own expense) or continue exploring. You will then meet with the tour bus (white bus) for your guided city tour. With this tour you will get to see the most important monuments in Montevideo with several breaks to take pictures and take in the sites.
When you are picked up from your hotel the driver will provide you with a pack that includes:
- Ferry tickets
- Detailed instructions
- Vouchers for all of the services
You will be picked up at the hotel lobby and be driven to the ferry terminal of Buenos Aires. The driver will give you your boat tickets and voucher for the city tour.
Upon arrival at the ferry terminal you will check-in with your boat tickets, fill the custom forms and board the ferry.
Departure to Montevideo. The boat ride should take about 3 hours.
Upon exiting into the main area of the terminal you will be greeted by a representative (he will be holding a sign with your name on it) who will take you to the car in which you will be transferred to meet with your walking tour guide. Enjoy a 1.5 hour guided walking tour in the historic "Old Town" of Montevideo.
You will have 2 to 2.5 hours of free time to enjoy lunch at the "Mercado del Puerto (famous for its beef), shopping, walking around the city and exploring the nooks and crannies of Old Montevideo.
You will meet the bus for your city tour at the "Mercado del Puerto" in front of the Museo de Carnival - it is the bright pink building (look for a white van).
17:30-18:00 - Hotel and port drop-offs.
18:00-19:00 - Arrival at the port to depart back to Buenos Aires.
20:00 - Depart for Buenos Aires.
23:00-00:30 - Arrival and transportation back to your hotel.
These times are subject to change depending on the departure times of the ferry. You will be informed of any changes in your confirmation email.
- Roundtrip transfers from selected hotels in Buenos Aires*
- Ferry ticket
- Guided city tour (by bus)
- Guided walking tour
- Free time to explore on your own
- Bilingual guide (English/Spanish) - during the bus tour and walking tour
- Guide assistance during free time
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel pick-up may start as early as 05:30 and drop-off as late as 23:00.
- Tour duration may vary depending on the ferry schedule and availability.
- * Transfers are available from/to hotels located in Microcentro (downtown), Recoleta, San Telmo and Puerto Madero. Pick-up and drop-off are not included for hotels located in Palermo.
- The following information of each participant must be provided on your online booking form:
--- Passport names (first & last) for each passenger
--- Date of birth for each passenger
--- Passport number
- Once booked, refunds are not available. Cancellations or change of date is not allowed.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Attractions and services are non-cancelable. A voucher has no cash value and is non-transferable. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of a voucher will be granted once voucher has been issued. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services. Availability and pricing for an attraction or service are subject to change without notice.
Click on the season date to view price
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.