Tropical weather is gently tempered as you climb onto the elevated plateau of the Atherton Tablelands. Weathered volcanic peaks and cones, crater lakes surrounded by rainforest, vines and fan palms, tropical Aussie rural towns, brightly colored birds and butterflies in rainforest wilderness lead to outback cattle stations on the Savannah Plains.
- Head south passing sugar cane fields and tall mountain peaks
- Climb the Gillies Range and experience stunning views over valleys and distant mountain ranges
- Enjoy a delightful morning tea of scones, jam and cream with tea or coffee
- Take a cruise on Lake Barrine, a volcanic crater lake surrounded by vibrant old growth rainforest - look for native birds, pythons, eels, turtles and water dragons
- There's time for a rainforest walk by the lake to the twin 1,000 year old Kauri Pines
- Yungaburra - an old world tableland town
- Wonder at nature's creation of the 500 year old Curtain Fig Tree
- The wet tropics town of Malanda
- Spectacular Millaa Millaa Falls competing with the noise of the rainforest
- Panoramic views of the Atherton Tableland from Millaa Millaa Lookout
- Windy Hill turbine windmill farm
- Visit Woodleigh Cattle Station as guest of Kate and Peter Wardell
- Take a guided tour of the cattle station and learn its history and the way of the land
- Enjoy a BBQ lunch in the cool surrounds of a massive bougainvillaea
- Panoramic views from Halloran's Hill Lookout - the highest point in Atherton
- Opportunity to sample local produce on a plantation visit
- Witness spectacular views of Cairns while descending the mountains from Kuranda.
- Hotel pick-up View Hotel Pick-up List
- Lake Barrine Cruise
- Devonshire Tea
- Cattle Station lunch
- Tour of Cattle Station
- Plantation visit
- Hotel pick up
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge, provided they do not occupy seats.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.