You will leave Cairo in the early morning, driving to San el Hagar (Tanis), the delta capital of Ramses II, via the agricultural road. You will pass a small town called Zagazig and the site of Bubastis, where cats were worshiped in ancient times. You will also visit the ruins of Tanis before proceeding to Ismailia on the Suez Canal for lunch. At the end of the tour, you will return to Cairo by crossing the desert road.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Mineral water on board the vehicle during your tour
- All taxes & service charge
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Italian, Spanish, German and French tour guides are available upon request.
- For larger groups, please inquire.
- The visit to Bubastis and Tanis requires special permission to be obtained from the Department of Antiquities in Cairo. We recommend you book your tour in advance.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"To City Discovery January 17th 2010 Dear Sir/Madam That Mr tarek has worked as our tour guide today taking us to Bubastits,Tanis and Ismailia throughout the day he was extremely helpful and polite to us answering all our questions concerning our tour as well as adding informatoin about all the places we have seen. He is an excellent guide and i would for sure recommend him and your company to my friends. Not only so i recommend him but also would contact him and your company in case i return to cairo in the near future. I would recommend the excelllent driver also, Mr. Sayed. Yours, Claudio Souza/Romaris "
Rodrigo B., Brazil