Enjoy a unique interaction and experience the cultural diversity of the Cape Malay community, descendants of the original Malay slaves. We start at the Bo-Kaap Museum in the heart of the Cape Malay Quarter where you learn more about their history and the preservation of their traditions in Africa.
Your story-telling host will then guide you on an entertaining walking tour giving you insights into the historical and architectural landscape that adds so much colour and character to Cape Town's City Bowl. You'll visit a friendly spice shop and discover the aromatic ingredients of local dishes.
The highlight of this experience is enjoying an authentic home-cooked dinner at the gracious home of your host family!
- Return transfers from Cape Town city center, Green Point, and Sea Point
- Bo-Kaap Museum entrance fees
- Walking tour through Bo-Kaap
- Traditional welcome drink
- Traditional 3-course Cape Malay Dinner
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
Not available on
- Public and religious holidays
- Please bring appropriate clothing (no mini skirts, revealing clothes, and bare shoulders) in respect to this traditionally religious community.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Kindly contact us to confirm if pick-up from your hotel is available.
- Pick-up from other hotels may be requested at the time of booking.
- This tour is non-refundable if cancelled 14 days or less prior to the chosen tour date.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.