Enjoy a unique interaction and experience the cultural diversity of the Cape Malay community, descendants of the original Malay slaves. We start at the Bo-Kaap Museum in the heart of the Cape Malay Quarter where you learn more about their history and the preservation of their traditions in Africa.
Your story-telling host will then guide you on an entertaining walking tour giving you insights into the historical and architectural landscape that adds so much colour and character to Cape Town's City Bowl. You'll visit a friendly spice shop and discover the aromatic ingredients of local dishes.
The highlight of this experience is enjoying an authentic home-cooked dinner at the gracious home of your host family!
- Return transfers from Cape Town city center, Green Point, and Sea Point
- Bo-Kaap Museum entrance fees
- Walking tour through Bo-Kaap
- Traditional welcome drink
- Traditional 3-course Cape Malay Dinner
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
Not available on
- Public and religious holidays
- Please bring appropriate clothing (no mini skirts, revealing clothes, and bare shoulders) in respect to this traditionally religious community.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Kindly contact us to confirm if pick-up from your hotel is available.
- Pick-up from other hotels may be requested at the time of booking.
- This tour is non-refundable if cancelled 14 days or less prior to the chosen tour date.
- 31 days before the activity: 25% cancellation fee
- 15 days before the activity: 50% cancellation fee
- Less than 15 days before the activity: 100% cancellation fee