The tour begins at the Independence Park, an old Spanish settlement, and a fort that symbolizes Spain's military presence and conquest - Fort San Pedro. From here, take a "calesa" (horse drawn carriage) ride to Plaza Sugbu fronting the Cebu City Hall.
Continue the tour on foot around "Old Cebu," visiting the Magellan's Cross - planted by Ferdinand Magellan in 1521, the Basilica Minore of the Child Jesus and Museum, the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral - the seat of the Archdiocese of Cebu; and the Museum of Sacred Treasures.
Take another short "calesa" ride to Plaza Parian to see the elegant ancestral homes of Spanish and Chinese Filipinos. Walk about the Heritage Monument, a bronze sculpture by the great Filipino artist Eduardo Castillo, depicting different eras of Cebu's history. Thereafter, feel the elegance of 19th century lifestyle in a short stop at the Yap-Sandiego home or at the Casa Gorordo.
The tour winds up with a final drive down to Colon Street. - the country's oldest avenue, before heading back to your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up
- Airconditioned transport
- Services of an English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Calesa ride (horse-drawn carriage)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Children must be accompanied by at least two adults.
- Hotel pick-up may be up to an hour before departure time.
- 8 days before the activity: Free cancellation
- 4 days before the activity: 20% cancellation fee
- Less than 4 days before the activity: 100% cancellation fee