Why is Crete called the Cradle of Europe? A visit to Knossos, the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete, is a must to understand the Minoan civilization and culture.
Tour Knossos and Heraklion city, with 2 hours for lunch, shopping or just plain exploring. You may choose to visit the Archaeological Museum as well.
- We pick you up early in the morning at your hotel in Chania, then proceed eastwards.
- After approximately one hour, we take a coffee break outside the town of Rethymno. Books, cards and sweets and facilities available.
- Approximate arrival is 10:30 at Knossos Palace/Temple. Tour on foot for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Arrival at Heraklion city at approximately 13:00. Two hours are allotted for lunch, shopping or an optional visit to the Archaeological Museum.
- Departure from Heraklion at approximately 15:00.
- After 1 hour, short coffee break at the same café .
- Arrival at the hotels at approximately 18:00.
- Transfers with new, air-conditioned buses
- Pick-up and drop off
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Knossos
- Entrance fee to the museum
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Short information will be given upon arrival in Heraklion to help to get around on your own.
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge. Infants must ride on adult's lap.
- Entrance fee to Knossos and the Archeological Museum is free for guests under 18 years old and University students with ID.
- This tour has a 12 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Departure times are estimates and may vary depending on pick-up location.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.