Enjoy a typical Thai breakfast, Join locals to give alms to monk, Gain insight into Buddhism and Dharma at Wat U-Mong, Make merit Wat Suan Dok
Jump in a Songthaew, an iconic public bus, and take a scenic drive along Suthep Road. On the way, stop by Kad Ton Payom, a flea market well known for its northern Thai cuisine. Afterwards, offer alms to monks to "make merit'"and enjoy a traditional style breakfast. The next stop is Wat U-mong a 600 year-old temple famed for its large painted pagoda and underground tunnel. Soak up the peaceful atmosphere and perhaps take the opportunity to talk with the abbot about the Buddhism and Dharma. Visit Wat Suan Dok and mingle with monks to learn about their way of life. Take some time out to learn basic meditation. Finish the adventure making an offering to the Sangkha.
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Transport as indicated
- Breakfast and monk offering to make merit/given alms
- Pick up and drop off at centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- As dress standards are conservative throughout Asia and as this trip visits religious sites, modest clothing is strongly recommended. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, light, and long clothing is both respectful and convenient in the predominantly warm Asian climate.
- Children below 6 years old are not permitted on this tour.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.