It is the tapestry of great ecosystems that creates the beauty of Kakadu. Sandstone escarpments shaped by an incomprehensible time span, monsoon forests and flood plains, great rivers journey serpentinely to the sea, stunningly beautiful billabongs and lagoons are richly clad in a profusion of color by glorious water lilies and edged by pandanas and paper bark trees, birds of every size, every hue and every song, fearsome crocodiles on the mudslides of billabongs, Aboriginal artwork painted on rock cave walls.
This place is creation in its wonderful diversity. This place is Kakadu.
- Skirt Francis Bay on Darwin Harbour and head out on Tiger Brennan Drive
- Look for massive roadtrains
- Head east on the Arnhem Highway passing through Humpty Doo
- Traditional 'Welcome to Country' from the local Limilngan-Wulna Aboriginal people
- Cross the Marrakai Wetlands and over the Adelaide River - home to native birdlife and crocodiles
- Top end outback bush - eucalypts, palms and termite mounds
- Kakadu National Park on the South Alligator River - a vast pristine wetland and bushland habitat with significant Aboriginal culture
- Partake in traditional Aboriginal activities - weaving and didgeridoo playing
- Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch in Cooinda with cold meats, salad and fruit
- Take a guided cruise on Yellow Water Billabong
- Look for crocodiles, brolgas, magpie geese and kites
- Take in the serenity and beauty that nature offers in the Kakadu wetlands
- Take a short guided walk to Nourlangie Rock and see ancient Aboriginal rock art.
- Hotel pick-up
- Yellow Water cruise
- Pudakul Cultural Experience
- Tropical buffet lunch
- Guided walks
- National Park entry
- Hotel pick up (View Hotel List)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Hats, sunscreen, insect repellant, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in walks.
- Our itinerary is subject to seasonal conditions and a reasonable level of fitness is required.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.