Katherine Gorge set deep within the stone country of Nitmiluk National Park is a dramatic setting. The towering rock wall ramparts above the Katherine River, ancient Aboriginal Dreamtime stories, prolific bird life and a boat journey into the never never land highlight the grandeur of this spectacular gorge.
Edith Falls cascading down the sheer rock wall face into a paper bark encompassed plunge pool, Pine Creek historic town and the Adelaide River War Cemetery offer amazing contrasts in a powerful outback land.
- Head south out of Darwin on the Stuart Highway
- Endless outback scrub and WWII air strips
- Take a break at Adelaide River - perhaps a light or cooked country breakfast (own expense)
- Visit Adelaide River War Cemetery - a memorial of the Darwin air raids in the 1940's
- Wallabies can usually be seen in this area
- Nitmiluk National Park - take a two hour guided tour and scenic cruise through Katherine Gorge
- Look for freshwater crocodiles on the banks
- After the first gorge there is a short walk along the side to the second gorge
- Marvel at the stark, sheer, richly coloured escarpments of the Katherine Gorge canyon
- Tour the outback township of Katherine - the third largest in the Territory
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Katherine Gorge Visitors Centre in Nitmiluk National Park
- Travel the western side of Nitmiluk National Park to superb Edith Falls
- Time for a swim in the waterhole below the falls (conditions permitting) or relax on the grassy banks
- Tour the town of historic Pine Creek
- Buffet lunch
- Katherine Gorge Cruise
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick up (View Hotel List)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- A reasonable level of mobility is required.
- Itinerary is subject to seasonal conditions.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.