Type: Day Tours in Denali
Departs From: Denali
Meeting Point: Hotel Pick-up
Duration: 4 hours
Available: daily at 09:45; 17:45
Product Code: 3031
Retrace the fateful steps of 24 year-old Chris McCandless on the famed Stampede Trail, as recounted by the book and movie "Into the Wild."
View the vast tundra sweeping up to majestic Mt. McKinley (weather permitting). Hang on tight as the trail narrows and you bounce through "Bobblehead," a water-filled bog of bumpy ups and downs. Slice through high brush near the trail, splashing in and out of a creek bed, finally arriving at a rustic campsite where your guides will prepare a hearty campfire snack. Relax among the spruce trees and enjoy conversation with the guides and other guests about the unique experiences in Denali.
Additional stops are made during the tour when wildlife is spotted. On smoother portions of the trail, speeds can reach 30-40 miles per hour.
- Pick-up/drop-off at all Denali hotels and RV Parks View hotel pick-up list
- Guided tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Single units are only for experienced riders.
- Tour availability is weather and trail dependent.
- Please dress appropriately. Pants, long sleeves and jacket are recommended. No open-toed shoes allowed.
- Helmet, goggles, gloves and rain gear (if necessary) are provided or you may bring your own.
- All ages are welcome. Double units may be used by couples or families. Car seats are available for young children.
- Please leave note for any special situations.
- Not recommended for people with back or neck problems and women who are pregnant.
- Driver Restrictions: Minimum age for single unit is 18 (16 with parental approval). Minimum age for double unit is 21 (18 with parental approval). View ATV types
- For safety reasons, all drivers must understand English and have a valid driver's license.
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 17 and below.