Go "Into the Wild" traveling far down the same rugged trail as 24-year old Chris McCandless, subject of the best-selling book and movie.
This unforgettable tour goes much farther than any other tour in the area, (due to trail difficulty), stopping just a couple of miles from the fast-flowing Teklanika River that prevented McCandless from returning alive. Hear fascinating discussion of McCandless' fatal journey, see numerous viewpoints of McKinley and enjoy some wildlife viewing and a memorable campfire meal.
- Pick-up/drop-off at all local Denali hotels and RV Parks
- Guided tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Single units are only for experienced riders.
- Tour availability is weather and trail dependent.
- Please dress appropriately. Pants, long sleeves and jacket are recommended. No open-toed shoes allowed.
- Helmet, goggles, gloves and rain gear (if necessary) are provided or you may bring your own.
- All ages are welcome. Double units may be used by couples or families. Car seats are available for young children.
- Please leave note for any special situations.
- Not recommended for people with back or neck problems and women who are pregnant.
- Driver Restrictions: Minimum age for single unit is 18 (16 with parental approval). Minimum age for double unit is 21 (18 with parental approval). View ATV types
- For safety reasons, all drivers must understand English and have a valid driver's license.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.