From Edinburgh, this tour heads towards Stirling, catching views of the castle and The Wallace Monument. We will continue towards Callander where we will have our morning coffee stop and the chance to meet "Hamish." the Hairy Coo. Our journey continues northwards to the Highlands over the Rannoch Moor until we come to the dark brooding Pass of Glencoe where we will stop for a photo opportunity, and hear the haunting story of the famous massacre in 1692.
After crossing Loch Leven at Ballachulish we stop for lunch in the Fort William area, then follow the course of the Caledonian Canal up the Great Glen to Fort Augustus on Loch Ness.
Here we can cruise on the loch for an hour or so, or enjoy this tranquil little village on the banks of Loch Ness. Please note, this part of the tour may be subject to change due to weather conditions in the winter months.
We then drive northwards along the entire length of Loch Ness, passing Urquhart Castle where the water is 800ft deep. Then through Drumnadrochit and to Inverness, the capital of the Highlands where we turn to head south.
Traveling via the A9 we will pass Aviemore, the Cairngorms and Drumochter Pass alongside the Perth to Inverness railway, the highest point of any railway in Britain.
Descending through the Forest of Atholl, we will catch a quick but magnificent view of Blair Castle, home of the Duke of Atholl for over 700 years, before making a stop in picturesque Pitlochry, a delightful Victorian resort town.
Journeying past Perth and through the Kingdom of Fife, we will cross the Forth Road Bridge alongside the magnificent Forth Railway Bridge before arriving back in Edinburgh with a millions memories.
Suitable and relaxing music will be played during your comfortable drive home.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
- Travel through Glen Coe
- Walk Along the Banks of Loch Ness (Optional Cruise)
- Stop Near Fort William for Lunch On Your Own
- Views of Urquhart Castle
- See the Forth Road and Rail Bridges
- *Hotel pick-up from most downtown Edinburgh hotels and guest houses (drop off not guaranteed)
- Guided tour with a fully trained and experienced driver/guide
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has 4 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered.
- Children below 4 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Tour buses are not wheelchair accessible.
- *It is not always possible to pick up from the door of some of the city's hotels/guest houses. The coach would collect you at the nearest main road where it is safe to stop. We are unable to guarantee drops offs back at all the hotels. The driver can drop off at hotels and guest houses on return journey in towards the City Center.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.