Edinburgh has been the capital of Scotland since the 15th century and stands proudly on seven hills creating the dramatic skyline of this lively cosmopolitan city. What better way to see this fantastic city than from an open top bus?
Compare Edinburgh's Old Town, where families lived in cramped conditions and rubbish was thrown out of the windows to the elegant Georgian New Town with its three main streets and a square at either end. Learn about the hangings that took place in the Grassmarket as you marvel at the impenetrable Castle Rock above you and hear about the attempts to capture Edinburgh Castle. See the Royal Mile which joins Edinburgh Castle to the Palace of Holyrood House.
We will highlight all the things to do and see in Edinburgh as you tour through the city streets.StopsLoop Duration
: 60 minutes Frequency
15 to 30 minutes
Stop 1 - Waverley Bridge
Stop 2 - Lothian Road
Stop 3 - Grassmarket
Stop 4 - Lauriston Place
Stop 5 - Johnston Terrace
Stop 6 - Lawnmarket
Stop 7 - Chambers Street
Stop 8 - John Knox House
Stop 9 - Dynamic Earth
Stop 10 - Holyrood
Stop 11 - CanongateTimetable and Route Map
Pre-recorded English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian plus 'Horrible Histories' Kid's Commentary
- 24-hour hop on hop off ticket
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- It is necessary to print the confirmation voucher for this tour. The bus driver will not accept vouchers shown from a mobile device.
- Children below 5 years old are free of charge.
- We offer Full mobility facilities on all tour buses and subtitled screen downstairs for hard of hearing.
- Schedules may be subject to change.
- You may choose to hop on the bus at any stop along the route and exchange your voucher there.Ticket Validity
All ticket validities are for consecutive hours/days from first use.
- A 1-day ticket is valid only for the day of redemption.
- A 24-hour ticket is valid from the time redeemed until the same time the following day.
The same principle applies for a 2-day/ 48-hour (or more) ticket.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.