Edinburgh Hop On Hop Off Tour
Type: Hop On Hop Off Tours in Edinburgh
Departs From: Edinburgh
Meeting Point: Waverley Bridge
Duration: 24 hours
Available: daily at regular intervals
Product Code: 2947
Edinburgh has been the capital of Scotland since the 15th century and stands proudly on seven hills creating the dramatic skyline of this lively cosmopolitan city. What better way to see this fantastic city than from an open top bus?
Compare Edinburgh's Old Town, where families lived in cramped conditions and rubbish was thrown out of the windows to the elegant Georgian New Town with its three main streets and a square at either end. Learn about the hangings that took place in the Grassmarket as you marvel at the impenetrable Castle Rock above you and hear about the attempts to capture Edinburgh Castle. See the Royal Mile which joins Edinburgh Castle to the Palace of Holyrood House.
We will highlight all the things to do and see in Edinburgh as you tour through the city streets.
Hanover Street - Princes Street ( Frederick Street) - Lothian Road - Grassmarket - Johnston Terrace - Lawnmarket - Chambers Street - John Knox House - Dynamic Earth - Queen Marys Bath House, Abbeyhill - Old Royal High School old links
* Due to city roadworks starting 08 September 2014, the following route will be effect until further notice:
- St Andrew Square North Side (starting point) - Lothian Road - Grassmarket - Lauriston Place - Johnston Terrace - Lawnmarket - Chambers Street - John Knox House - Our Dynamic Earth - Holyrood - Canongate
Loop Duration: 60 minutes
Frequency 15 to 30 minutes
View route map
Pre-recorded English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian plus 'Horrible Histories' Kid's Commentary
- 24-hour hop on hop off ticket
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- It is necessary to print the confirmation voucher for this tour. The bus driver will not accept vouchers shown from a mobile device.
- Children below 5 years old are free of charge.
- We offer Full mobility facilities on all tour buses and subtitled screen downstairs for hard of hearing.
- Schedules may be subject to change.
- You may choose to hop on the bus at any stop along the route and exchange your voucher there.
All ticket validities are for consecutive hours/days from first use.
- A 1-day ticket is valid only for the day of redemption.
- A 24-hour ticket is valid from the time redeemed until the same time the following day.
The same principle applies for a 2-day/ 48-hour (or more) ticket.
Price per adult $23.38
Price per child $10.02
Departs daily at regular intervals
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 15 and below.
Tommy C., Ireland
This is a must for all visitors- an overview of the best attractions Edinburgh has to offer and what's more the ideal method of getting to them all. In fact we took the tour bus twice as we found so much to do. An added advantage is the discounted entrance fees you obtain courtesy of your bus ticket. The guide is extremely knowledgeable .
serafina Z., United Kingdom
l found interesting.Good way to know more the history about the city