Heading south towards the Scottish Borders, we will stop at the world famous Scots View (nominated as one of the best views in Britain). Then it's on to the town of Melrose where you will have the opportunity to visit its Abbey. This Abbey is one of the four Border Abbey's founded by King David I and is also the burial place of Robert the Bruce's Heart. Melrose is the site of the largest Roman camp in Scotland. The Roman Heritage Centre is one of the many things to see in this lovely Borders town.
Leaving Melrose we will travel through Galashiels and North on the A7, driving over the soft rolling hills of the Southern Uplands. There will be a brief stop at Dobbies Gardens Centre for refreshments. Restrooms are also available at this location. Such is the popularity of Dobbies among locals that JK Rowling named one of her most popular characters in the Harry Potter novels after it.
Rosslyn Chapel is one of the most amazing places you will ever visit. Featured in the best seller "The Da Vinci Code" and "The Hiram Key" this chapel is unique and world famous for its beautiful carvings as well as the aura of mystery and magic that surround it. You will hear stories about Freemasonry, Knights Templar, The Holy Grail, Gypsies, Solomon, Babylon and even a Scotsman in America before Columbus - all within a 15th Century Chapel that will totally captivate you.
A five minute walk will take you to the ruins of Rosslyn Castle. Walk on the bridge which provided the setting for the penultimate scene in the Da Vinci Movie.
From here we return to Edinburgh.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
- The Abbey Where Robert the Bruce's Heart is Buried
- Experience World Famous Rosslyn Chapel - As Featured in the "Da Vinci Code"
- *Pick-up from most downtown Edinburgh hotels and guest houses (drop off not guaranteed)
- Guided tour with a fully trained and experienced driver/guide
- Additional entrance fees
- Entry fee to Rosslyn Chapel
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- This tour has 4 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule or alternative tour will be offered.
- Tour buses are not wheelchair accessible.
- *It is not always possible to pick up from the door of some of the city's hotels/guest houses. The coach would collect you at the nearest main road where it is safe to stop. We are unable to guarantee drops offs back at all the hotels. The driver can drop off at hotels and guest houses on return journey in towards the City Center.