We cross the River Forth and head through Perthshire, known as the Heart of Scotland, over Glenshee, the skiing capital of Scotland, and down into Royal Deeside. The festivities are fit for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the First of Scotland.
While there have been Gatherings of one sort or another at Braemar since the days of King Malcolm Canmore, nine hundred years ago, the Gathering as we know it has been organized by the Braemar Royal Highland Society for only 187 years. During much of that time large crowds have come each year to acclaim their Monarch as Chieftain of the Braemar Gathering.
Every Gathering is a memorable occasion. International athletes will be among those taking part in the "heavy" and "track" events. Pipers and dancers will be of the usual high standard while teams from H.M. Forces will compete in the Inter-Services Unit Tug of War Championship and in the Services Medley Relay Race.
A hill race will again be run up Morrone. Scottish Pipe Bands will be to the fore with the customary Massed Pipe Bands appearing. Various members of the Royal Family including H.R.H. Queen Elizabeth the first of Scotland will be in attendance.
- See the Forth Road and Rail Bridges
- Return Transfer to/from Edinburgh
- Massed Pipe Bands
- Members of the Royal Family in Attendance
- Return transfer* between Edinburgh and the gathering
- Tickets for the Gathering
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Tickets for the Gathering are not included. The entrance is payable at Payboxes on site.
- Buses are not wheelchair accessible.
- *Pick-up from most downtown Edinburgh hotels and guest houses. It is not always possible to pick up from the door of some locations. The coach would collect you at the nearest main road where it is safe to stop. We are unable to guarantee drops offs back at all the hotels. The driver can drop off at hotels and guest houses on return journey in towards the City Center.