Scotland has been blessed with many icons such as kilts, tartan, haggis, golf and bagpipes but whisky is surely the most appreciated throughout the world. So when in Scotland what better place is there to experience whisky than The Glenturret Distillery, the oldest in Scotland.
From Edinburgh we will head north over the Forth Road Bridge giving us views of perhaps the eighth wonder of the world, the Forth Rail Bridge. We continue through the dramatic countryside to the banks of the River Tay and the city of Perth and onto Dunkeld, a small conservation town sitting on the banks of the River Tay ans in the shadows of the ruined 13th century Cathedral. On the site of the 9th century Monestary part of the original Cathedral is still in use as the local church. Take time to walk round and see the Atholl Fountain in the "Olde Worlde" square containing craft shops and cafe/hotels or walk along the river.
We then drive to the Hermitage which is perhaps the most beautiful woodland walk in Perthshire if not Scotland. This leads us to Ossians Hall, an 18th century mirrored summerhouse overlooking a magnificent waterfall and to some of the tallest trees that you will find in this great country of ours.
Continuing through beautiful highland countryside, we reach the oldest distillery in Scotland, the Glenturret, home of the Famous Grouse, the best selling whisky in Scotland. Three drams of the Famous Grouse are sipped every single second!!
Even if whisky is not to your taste you will enjoy the experience.
We have time for lunch in a famous restaurant before we join the Flight of the Grouse, an interactive tour of Scotland before our traditional distillery tour and a tasting straight from the cask.
After such an unforgettable experience, we then begin to retrace our steps before driving through Gleneagles, home of the world famous hotel and golf course. Continuing into the Kingdom of Fife, we reach Dunfermline, burial place to many of the kings, before reaching our final photo stop of the day at the Forth Bridges and on home to Edinburgh.
- *Pick-up from most downtown Edinburgh hotels and guest houses (drop off not guaranteed)
- Guided sightseeing tour
- Whisky tasting
- **FREE miniature of the Famous Grouse Whisky
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Tour buses are not wheelchair accessible.
- *It is not always possible to pick up from the door of some of the city's hotels/guest houses. The coach would collect you at the nearest main road where it is safe to stop. We are unable to guarantee drops offs back at all the hotels. The driver can drop off at hotels and guest houses on return journey in towards the City Center.
- **One FREE miniature of the Famous Grouse Whisky per paying adult only.