Visit the Famous Perito Moreno Glacier
Departing from Puerto Bajo de la Sombra, we will arrive at the glacier where we will begin by navigating the Rico Arm. On the way, pass in front of the wall of the Perito Moreno Glacier. Here you can appreciate the imposing glacier and the height of its massive walls. You will also be given the chance to visit the footbridge in front of the glacier. At the Mirador (or footbridge) enjoy a magnificent view of the glacier, an unforgettable moment.
The glacier advances on the waters of the lake, until reaching the opposite shore. The rupture of the glacier is a spectacular process that begins as the glacier advances to the front of the peninsula of Magallanes until forming a natural dike of ice. This formation obstructs the drainage of the water from the Rico Arm to the Channel of the Témpanos.
As the waters of the Rio Arm exert pressure on the wall of the glacier a tube of ice is formed that allows for water flow between the basins and lakes again.
Finally this tunnel collapses. This event can last from 1 to 2 days and offers a spectacular show of singular beauty. Once it is complete, two basins obstruct the channel and the whole process begins again.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from all hotels in El Calafate
- Bilingual guide (English/Spanish)
- National Park admission fee
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Attractions and services cannot be canceled. A voucher has no cash value and is non-transferable. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of a voucher will be granted once voucher has been issued. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services. Availability and pricing for an attraction or service are subject to change without notice.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.