Start with an excursion through the delightful hills of the Chianti countryside and enjoy the scenery of vineyards and olive trees as you make your way to Siena where you will go on a guided tour of the old city center. Walk along the small medieval streets and admire the splendid buildings. Visit the interior of the Cathedral* as well as the Libreria Piccolomini.
The guided visit continues with a tour in a Museum and an Oratory of a Contrada**, where you can experience the authentic atmosphere of the town. The Contrade (districts into which the town is divided) are the real core of the local social life, where inhabitants of each district compete with each other as they devote themselves to preparations for the well-known Palio horse-race. The contrada is not simply a district: it is a small state having its own legacy of traditions, memories and emotions, including its own flag and anthem. The Museum of a contrada, as well as its Oratory, is therefore the heart of the district. This is an intimate and secret place - with exclusive access - containing historical documents and wonderful relics of the famous Palio, as well as magnificent works of art which are normally not disclosed to the public. In other words, a truly exclusive and valuable experience.
The guided tour of Siena ends in its most beautiful square, Piazza del Campo, of which the Palazzo Pubblico (town hall) is the focal point.
You will have free time for lunch (not included) before departing for San Gimignano, a tiny city that has remained intact through the centuries. It is situated on a hilltop and famous for its numerous towers, frescoes and other art treasures. You will have free time to explore this fascinating city.
Visit a small and fascinating museum inside a medieval palace. A local guide will introduce you to the history and traditions of this wonderful town through a faithful and evocative reconstruction of how it was in the XIV century. Moreover, you will be able to watch how skilled craftsmen produce handmade objects according to a long standing tradition of excellence. When the guided visit concludes, you will enjoy a delicious tasting of fragrant Sienese homemade sweets of medieval tradition (ricciarelli, panforte) and famous local wines among which the Vernaccia of San Gimignano.
Finally, you will have some free time to discover this lovely town at your own pace.
- Excursion through hills of Chianti
- Siena - Cathedral - Libreria Piccolomini - Museum and an Oratory of a Contrada Piazza del Campo
- Free time for lunch (lunch is not included)
- San Gimignano - museum visit - Sienese sweets and Vernaccia wine tasting
- Tour escort
- Local Guide
- Museum entrance fees
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
-*On Sundays and National Holidays, The Cathedral is closed to the public; it is replaced with the Basilica of San Domenico.
-**When the Museum and the Oratory of the Contrada are not accessible, the visit will include the Opera del Duomo Museum (Cathedral's Museum).
- Headphones for guided visits to museums will be provided for groups of at least 15 participants.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Spanish guided tours are available with a minimum of two passengers in high season and four passengers in low season. French, German, and Italian guided tours can be operated with a minimum of four passengers. Other languages (Russian, Japanese, etc) are also available at an additional cost and with a minimum of four passengers.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.