Go on a splendid excursion through the fertile and picturesque Tuscan countryside to the historic university city of Pisa, famous for its architectural beauty. Upon arrival in Pisa, your informative guide will take you on a thorough outdoor guided walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and its monuments (exterior only). You will be dazzled by this marvelous square which is dominated by the Cathedral, a model of the distinctive Pisan Romanesque architecture, the celebrated Leaning Tower, and the round-shaped Baptistery surrounded by its suggestive columned arcades.
The commentary of our guide will be particularly focused on the Leaning Tower, one of the wonders of the world. Be enthralled by the history and the leaning structure of the Tower which stirs the imagination of all visitors. Then, our guide will lead you through the historical quarter where you can admire the church of San Sisto, one of the oldest churches in Pisa.
After a pleasant guided walk you will reach Piazza dei Cavalieri, which was the political center in the Middle Ages. Our guide will introduce this amazing square where you can admire the historic Scuola Normale (Normal School), one of the most famous universities in the world, the house of Count Ugolino della Gherardesca, also called "Conte Ugolino Tower," as told by Dante in the Divine Comedy.
Passing the famous medieval Tower houses, be captivated by the explanation provided by our guide about the history of these particular buildings. While walking through the downtown streets, you can admire the ancient house where Giacomo Leopardi lived. Then you will reach the amazing Piazza Arcivescovado, where the impressive Palazzo Vescovile is located. After the guided tour you will have free time at your disposal.
- Tuscan countryside
- Guided tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and monuments (exterior)
- Visit to the Cathedral
- Leaning Tower
- San Sisto
- Piazza dei Cavalieri
- Scuola Normale (Normal School)
- Tower houses
- Piazza Arcivescovado
- Palazzo Vescovile
- Tour escort
- Local guide
- Cathedral entrance fee
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Spanish guided tours are available with a minimum of two passengers in high season and four passengers in low season. French, German, and Italian guided tours can be operated with a minimum of four passengers. Other languages (Russian, Japanese, etc) are also available at an additional cost and with a minimum of four passengers.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.