- Drive by the Tuscan countryside on the way to the historic city of Pisa
- Walking tour takes you to the Piazza dei Miracoli, the Cathedral, and focuses on the famous Leaning Tower
- Guided tours available in 5 languages
Type: Tours around Florence
Departs From: Florence
Meeting Point: At the corner of Piazza Stazione and Piazza dell'Unita
Duration: 5 hours and 30 minutes
Available: Tuesday Thursday Saturday Sunday at 13:45 or daily at 13:45
Product Code: 107
Go on a splendid excursion through the fertile and picturesque Tuscan countryside to the historic university city of Pisa, famous for its architectural beauty. Upon arrival in Pisa, your informative guide will take you on a thorough outdoor guided walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and its monuments (exterior only). You will be dazzled by this marvelous square which is dominated by the Cathedral, a model of the distinctive Pisan Romanesque architecture, the celebrated Leaning Tower, and the round-shaped Baptistery surrounded by its suggestive columned arcades.
The commentary of our guide will be particularly focused on the Leaning Tower, one of the wonders of the world. Be enthralled by the history and the leaning structure of the Tower which stirs the imagination of all visitors. Then, our guide will lead you through the historical quarter where you can admire the church of San Sisto, one of the oldest churches in Pisa.
After a pleasant guided walk you will reach Piazza dei Cavalieri, which was the political center in the Middle Ages. Our guide will introduce this amazing square where you can admire the historic Scuola Normale (Normal School), one of the most famous universities in the world, the house of Count Ugolino della Gherardesca, also called "Conte Ugolino Tower," as told by Dante in the Divine Comedy.
Passing the famous medieval Tower houses, be captivated by the explanation provided by our guide about the history of these particular buildings. While walking through the downtown streets, you can admire the ancient house where Giacomo Leopardi lived. Then you will reach the amazing Piazza Arcivescovado, where the impressive Palazzo Vescovile is located. After the guided tour you will have free time at your disposal.
- Tuscan countryside
- Guided tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and monuments (exterior)
- Visit to the Cathedral
- Leaning Tower
- San Sisto
- Piazza dei Cavalieri
- Scuola Normale (Normal School)
- Tower houses
- Piazza Arcivescovado
- Palazzo Vescovile
- Tour escort
- Local guide
- Cathedral entrance fee
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 3 years old are free of charge.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Spanish guided tours are available with a minimum of two passengers in high season and four passengers in low season. French, German, and Italian guided tours can be operated with a minimum of four passengers. Other languages (Russian, Japanese, etc) are also available at an additional cost and with a minimum of four passengers.
- Starting 01 April 2015, the guided visit will be concentrated in the Miracoli Square and the guide will illustrate in greater depth all the monuments making up the extraordinary spectacle. The visit of Piazza dei Cavalieri will take place for those who wish to do so during their free time.
Click on the season date to view price
Price per adult $57.43
Price per child $28.72
Departs Tuesday Thursday Saturday Sunday at 13:45
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 8 and below.
MARY ANNE V.,
Must do!! love this tour! 😊
Norma T., United Kingdom
Florence was beautiful, Pisa was wonderful. It's unfortunate that the stop for the tour bus is so far away from Pisa centre. August is obviously not the best time to visit, tempratures in the 40s and no shade during the mile walk to the centre or anywhere in the square of miracles.Wouldn't have missed seeing the tower of Pisa but as an older person would prefer a stop closer to the venue.Norma Tyler