Go on a splendid excursion through the fertile and picturesque Tuscan countryside to the historic university city of Pisa, famous for its architectural beauty. Upon arrival in Pisa, your informative guide will take you on a thorough outdoor guided walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli
and its monuments (exterior only). You will be dazzled by this marvelous square which is dominated by the Cathedral
, a model of the distinctive Pisan Romanesque architecture, the celebrated Leaning Tower
, and the round-shaped Baptistery
surrounded by its suggestive columned arcades.
The commentary of our guide will be particularly focused on the Leaning Tower, one of the wonders of the world. Be enthralled by the history and the leaning structure of the Tower which stirs the imagination of all visitors. Then, our guide will lead you through the historical quarter where you can admire the Church of San Sisto
, one of the oldest churches in Pisa.
After a pleasant guided walk you will reach Piazza dei Cavalieri
, which was the political center in the Middle Ages. Our guide will introduce this amazing square where you can admire the historic Scuola Normale
(Normal School), one of the most famous universities in the world, the house of Count Ugolino della Gherardesca, also called "Conte Ugolino Tower," as told by Dante in the Divine Comedy.
- Tuscan countryside
- Guided tour of Piazza dei Miracoli and monuments (exterior)
- Visit to the Cathedral*
- Leaning Tower
- San Sisto
- Piazza dei Cavalieri
- Scuola Normale (Normal School)
- Tour escort
- Local guide
- Cathedral entrance fee*
- Earphones for the Cathedral visit
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 3 years old are free of charge (please provide proof of age).
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Spanish guided tours are available with a minimum of two passengers in high season and four passengers in low season. French, German, and Italian guided tours can be operated with a minimum of four passengers. Other languages (Russian, Japanese, etc) are also available at an additional cost and with a minimum of four passengers.
- The guided visit will be concentrated in the Miracoli Square and the guide will illustrate in greater depth all the monuments making up the extraordinary spectacle. The visit of Piazza dei Cavalieri will take place for those who wish to do so during their free time. Also, the guided visit will include the Cathedral interior.
- *In case of long queue, if you cannot visit the interior of the Cathedral, you will be offered a guided visit of Piazza dei Cavalieri.
- Earphones will be provided in the guided visits to the museums for groups of at least 15 participants.