Enjoy the charm of the Chianti countryside, one of the most suggestive areas of Tuscany, renowned all over the world not only for its famous wine, but even for its landscapes and vineyards, olive trees and cypresses surrounding churches, parishes, castles and villages hidden among the hills.
On your arrival at the castle your will start your visit to some reception rooms, the garden and the historical cellar of the farm where the famous barrels of Chianti Classico are kept. After the visit a snack-tasting with a selection of fine wines** will be served.
The trip moves on to Greve in Chianti with a stop in the historic square flanked by open galleries where you can wander around the shops selling typical products of the Chianti area.
Then you will visit Castellina in Chianti, a characteristic ancient hamlet set on a hill and nestled between stretches of vineyards and olive groves. In the evening, we will reach San Donato in Poggio, an ancient settlement in a fortified castle dating back to the eleventh century, which maintains part of its walls and a stunning Romanesque parish church.
In a characteristic Tavern in the magical atmosphere of this small village, you will be served dinner with a rich menu and excellent Chianti wine. You can choose from a typical dinner or a meal with a 1 kilogram (36 ounce) serving of "bistecca alla fiorentina" (Florentine style T-bone steak)* from selected Tuscan livestock farms.
- Drive through Chianti countryside
- Visit to castle gardens and wine cellar
- Snack and wine-tasting
- Visit to one of the Romanesque churches
- Tour escort
- Snack and wine-tasting
- Dinner and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
-*T-Bone Steak available for minimum 2 participants. Each steak serves 2 people.
-**After the guided visit of the Castle and its ancient cellars, the tasting of wines and typical products will include an excellent white wine instead of the "Vin Santo." Taste up to 3 different types of Chianti: 2 red wines and 1 white wine.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge, but dinner is not provided for them.
- The excursions take place in different areas of the Chianti region.
- Dinner will be served in the open if the weather permits. Guests are requested to wear suitable clothing.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.