Your first stop will be at the Riomaggiore, after an easy walk that allows you to see magnificent views of the coastline.* Upon arriving at the charming village of Manarola, you will have ample time to explore its narrow alleys and pretty squares.
From Manarola, you will enjoy a shared boat ride to reach the most beautiful town of the Cinque Terre - Vernazza. The town of Vernazza faces the horizon and with its large open harbor, castle and church, it conjures up all the magic of the Cinque Terre.
You will be having a relaxing lunch at one of the open-air restaurants that line the waterfront and then take a stroll through the back streets of the town above the harbor to enjoy splendid views along the coast.
For logistical reasons, the local driver-guide will be escorting you as far as Manarola and will make sure you are on board the boat for Vernazza before leaving you. You will be meeting him again in Vernazza after you have had time to explore the town on your own.
Before heading back to Florence, you will be driving up to Corniglia, the only one of the Cinque Terre towns not located directly on the water. Corniglia, is the ideal place to finish our day tour of the Cinque Terre as from the towns Belvedere, you will enjoy some of the best views of the Cinque Terre.
The terraced hills are covered with vineyards that remind visitors of Corniglia's famous wine that has been produced here way back in ancient times. In fact, the wine was so famous back then that vases excavated at Pompeii boasted its virtues.
After enjoying some free time in Corniglia, your tour ends and you will head back to Florence.
- Lovers' Walk Trail at Riomaggiore
- Boat ride to Vernazza
- Local expert English speaking driver-guide
- Entrance fees to the coastal footpath along the Cinque Terre
- Tickets for the shared boat ride along the Cinque Terre (or local train when boat is unavailable)
- Air-conditioned vehicle (Mercedes or similar)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if minimum is not met.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 8 guests.
- Infant car seat is available by request.
- Operation of public boats is subject to weather conditions. They do not operate during the winter either. In this case, the transfer will be by coastal train or by minivan.
- * Due to landfall that occurred on 24 September 2012, clients will take a coastal train from Riomaggiore to Manarola instead of walking along the Via dell'Amore.
If you cancel a reservation, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 8 days or more: 5%
- 7 to 4 days: 50%
- 3 days or less AND no show: 100%
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"We loved the Cinque Terre Tour and recommend it as the ideal day trip from Florence. The scenery was incredible, and our tour guide was both knowledgable and enthusiastic. In addition, we felt like we had the perfect balance of time with the group and time on our own to explore the towns of the Cinque Terre. A must see! "
Guy E., USA