- View Siena through the eyes of a local.
- Enjoy an informal wine tasting lesson and a Tuscan lunch at a Chianti vineyard.
- Visit the enchanting hilltop town of San Gimignano.
- Drive through classic Tuscan countryside to Pisa with its iconic Leaning Tower, the Cathedral and the Baptistery.
- Return to Florence after seeing the best of Tuscany.
Type: Tours around Florence
Departs From: Florence
Meeting Point: Outside Santa Maria Novella train station
Duration: 12 hours
Available: Monday Wednesday Friday Saturday at 08:30 or daily at 08:30
Product Code: 3398
From Florence, head for the hills on a scenic countryside drive to Siena, while your knowledgeable and friendly guide fills you in on the day's program and hands out maps of the towns you will visit.
The beautiful medieval town of Siena is your first stop for the day. View Siena through the eyes of a local as you join a guided walking tour through the gothic streets
tracing the history of this stunning city, from the world's oldest bank to Piazza del Campo, one of Europe's greatest medieval squares where they hold the famous 600 year old horserace, the Palio, to the Cathedral. Richly decorated inside and out, it is a treasury of 13th and 14th century Gothic art with an unexpected masterpiece, the marble floor. After the tour enjoy free time wandering Siena at your own pace, perhaps with a drink in an open air cafe or a bit of window shopping.
Next, enjoy the journey to an organic farm and wine estate where you'll be taken on a visit through vineyards, olive groves and even to see the wine cellar and farm animals before indulging in a traditional Tuscan lunch amongst the hills where Chianti wine is produced. Surrounded by gorgeous views, you'll have the opportunity to meet fellow travelers while feasting on fresh organic farm food including homemade pasta, charcuterie (cured meats), local cheeses and a garden salad. A generous wine-tasting will be held during lunch. Traditional Tuscan biscotti and vin santo (dessert wine) finishes off the meal.
After lunch you will visit the picturesque village of San Gimignano where you can roam the maze of cobblestone streets and small squares, try an award-winning gelato and walk among the town's famous medieval towers. After a beautiful drive through the countryside, the final stop is Pisa, where you can take an up-close inspection of the legendary Leaning Tower, visit the Cathedral and the Baptistery before heading back to Florence where your full-day tour concludes. We arrive at 8:30 pm after a day of unforgettable memories - The Best of Tuscany!
- Tour leader for the day
- Detailed maps of each town visited and information
- All transport on modern, air conditioned coaches
- Hearty lunch with wine at an organic farm/winery
- Free time to explore each town on your own
- Guided tour of Siena
- Entrance fees to the cathedral of Siena
- Farm & winery visit with a wine tasting of four local wines
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour is only in English
- The wine estate we visit for lunch is always happy to serve an alternative meal for vegetarians, gluten free diets and to allow for allergies.
- During the morning, the tour leader will describe the set lunch and then give each person the chance to say if they would prefer an alternative. The tour leader will tell the cleints what alternatives are available and then telephone ahead to the wine estate to order their lunch.
- Children under 9 are free of charge.
- Guests are requested to arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- In winter (November to March) the tour returns to Florence one hour earlier at 19:30
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Click on the season date to view price
Price per adult $123.80
Price per child $116.93
Departs Monday Wednesday Friday Saturday at 08:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 26 and below.
Pnina Penny H., USA
Our tour guide Olivia was adorable. The tour was beautiful. We highly recommend it. Penny and Arielle
Linda Z., USA
This was one of the highlights of our trip toItaly. Our guide, Barbara was great, funny and knowledgable. Our driver was very skilled and safe, the bus ride was relaxing and comfortable, it was enjoyable because Tuscany is gorgeous. The vineyard was beautiful and the lunch was delicious as well as the view, picture opportunities abound. More time in Siena would have made it perfect. Thanks.