- View Siena through the eyes of a local.
- Enjoy an informal wine tasting lesson and a Tuscan lunch at a Chianti vineyard.
- Visit the enchanting hilltop town of San Gimignano.
- Drive through classic Tuscan countryside to Pisa with its iconic Leaning Tower, the Cathedral and the Baptistery.
- Return to Florence after seeing the best of Tuscany.
From Florence, head for the hills on a scenic countryside drive to Siena, while your knowledgeable and friendly guide fills you in on the day's program and hands out maps of the towns you will visit.
The beautiful medieval town of Siena is your first stop for the day. View Siena through the eyes of a local as you join a guided walking tour through the gothic streets
tracing the history of this stunning city, from the world's oldest bank to Piazza del Campo, one of Europe's greatest medieval squares where they hold the famous 600 year old horserace, the Palio, to the Cathedral. Richly decorated inside and out, it is a treasury of 13th and 14th century Gothic art with an unexpected masterpiece, the marble floor. After the tour enjoy free time wandering Siena at your own pace, perhaps with a drink in an open air cafe or a bit of window shopping.
Next, enjoy the journey to an organic farm and wine estate where you'll be taken on a visit through vineyards, olive groves and even to see the wine cellar and farm animals before indulging in a traditional Tuscan lunch amongst the hills where Chianti wine is produced. Surrounded by gorgeous views, you'll have the opportunity to meet fellow travelers while feasting on fresh organic farm food including homemade pasta, charcuterie (cured meats), local cheeses and a garden salad. A generous wine-tasting will be held during lunch. Traditional Tuscan biscotti and vin santo (dessert wine) finishes off the meal.
After lunch you will visit the picturesque village of San Gimignano where you can roam the maze of cobblestone streets and small squares, try an award-winning gelato and walk among the town's famous medieval towers. After a beautiful drive through the countryside, the final stop is Pisa, where you can take an up-close inspection of the legendary Leaning Tower, visit the Cathedral and the Baptistery before heading back to Florence where your full-day tour concludes. We arrive at 8:30 pm after a day of unforgettable memories - The Best of Tuscany!
- Tour leader for the day
- Detailed maps of each town visited and information
- All transport on modern, air conditioned coaches
- Hearty lunch with wine at an organic farm/winery
- Free time to explore each town on your own
- Guided tour of Siena
- Entrance fees to the cathedral of Siena
- Farm & winery visit with a wine tasting of four local wines
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour is only in English
- Vegetarians, gluten-free and other dietary requirements can be arranged.
- Children under 9 are free of charge.
- Guests are requested to arrive 15 minutes before departure.
- In winter (November – March) the tour returns to Florence one hour earlier at 19:30
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"We love the Tuscany trip. WE went on 6-24. I think the tour guide name is Joe, He is excellent. The food is good, the wine tasting view are excellent. Me & my hubby has a good time in this trip. I also took the 3days tour to Pompeii & Capri. They are so organized. Highly recommend~! 5 star"
patty C., USA
- Florence Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Florence Food, Wine & Gastronomy
- Tours around Florence
- A Day in Venice - Private Tour
- Umbria Treasures - Perugia, Assisi, and Trasimeno Lake Private Tour
- Excursion to Lucca and Pisa - Private Tour
- The Best of Tuscany
- Skip-the-Line - Original Renaissance and Accademia Tour