Wanna Be Italiano Cooking Class
Meet our chef Giovanni and learn how cook a nice Tuscan meal in the heart of Florence! Our small and intimate classes are offered as a view into a typical Tuscan cuisine.
First step: grocery shopping at the central market. You will go shopping with the chef at the central market, picking up the ingredients for your lunch. You will meet the butchers, the bakers, and the farmers selling vegetables from their gardens. You will learn how to distinguish the highest quality ingredients and as an added bonus, how to bargain! Taste local food and wines.
After this fun experience, you will head for our home-like professional location, a fascinating typical Tuscan setting just a few steps from the Central Market, and start the lessons. Prepare your own meal, made of bruschetta, fresh home-made pasta, and a main course, accompanied with a selection of Chianti wines. You had better be an attentive student while the Chef is teaching because you will be eating your own food!
- Visit of the Central market of Florence with our Chef
- Food and local products tasting at Central Market
- Cooking lesson with a famous local Chef
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your lunch
- Lunch with Wine Tasting
- Certificate of participation
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge, provided they are accompanied by a paying adult.
- Advanced reservations are required. Maximum of 25 people per group.
- When the Central Market is closed (bank holidays) a special introduction and tasting at the cooking class location will be conducted.
- Please inform us in advance of any food intolerance or allergy, as well as any special needs or invalidity. We will do our best to accommodate.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"This was truly a FABULOUS day...the trip to the market, learning about balsamic vinegars and olive oils...Giovanni and Andrea were GREAT! we made tiramisu 2 pastas and 2 sauces, not to mention bruschetta...."
monique S., USA