Pizza and Gelato Making
Make pizza in oven with our professional pizza chef, called pizzaiolo. You will learn how to make tender, flexible yeast dough that stretches to almost paper-thinness, even the trick for a flavorful yet light tomato sauce. Even if you bake pizza in your own oven, these techniques are universal and using them really makes a difference. With the pizzaiolo, you'll make your very own pizza, you'll stretch it, sauce it, bake it, slice it. It will be the best pizza you ever tasted, and you made it yourself!
Next it's time for gelato! Our chef will tell participants why gelato remains Italy's favorite dessert while giving an insight to the 'gelato culture' that continues grow. We continue describing the principle raw ingredients used for base sand selecting the best products available according to specific principles followed by a presentation and tasting of many of the flavors used in gelato making. Participants will learn development and application of natural colors, the heating and freezing techniques and how they have different effects on ingredients. It is always a great day to discover the recipe of the world most loved dessert!
This activity is strongly recommended for families that wish to have children to learn about the Italian culture, an easy and fun experience that will last forever in their memory.
- Pizza and gelato lesson with a famous local chef
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for pizza and gelato making
- Dinner with wine tastings (soft drinks for children)
- Graduation certificate
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge with at least 1 adult.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 25 participants.
- Please inform us in advance of any food intolerance or allergy, as well as any special needs or invalidity. We will do our best to accommodate.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"This tour was a highlight of our trip to Italy! The guides were great, the facility was picture-perfect and the pizza, gelato & wine were fantastic! I would highly recommend this tour and plan to book with them again when we return."
Kelly H., USA