This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert guides will take you to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times were held in 1896 (short stop). Pass by the Presidential residence (ex Royal Palace) guarded by the Euzones in their colorful uniform, the Temple of the Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian's Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, and the Constitution Square (Syntagma).
In the Acropolis visit the Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally "the harmony between material and spirit," the monument that "puts order in the mind," the Parthenon.
New Acropolis Museum
Tuesdays - Sundays, morning departures only
You will continue to visit the place where you can see and admire the statues and wonders of the classical era: the New Acropolis Museum.
Hotel Pick-up Schedule
- Morning Departure Schedule
- Afternoon Departure Schedule
- Pick-up from major hotels in Athens City Center or Amalias and Souri Streets, Athens*
- Entrance fee for Archeological area of Acropolis
- Entrance fee for the New Acropolis Museum (depends on chosen option)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
English - every departure
French - Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Italian - Saturday
- Be advised that if you choose to book the Morning Tour with New Acropolis Museum option, tour duration will be extended to 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge provided no bed or seat in the bus is occupied, or meals offered.
- Local operator reserves the right to modify the route and alter the itinerary in case of a force majeure or reasons beyond our control
- Hotel pick-up must be pre-booked at least 24 hours before departure time.
- Contact information will be provided upon reconfirmation.
- The Acropolis Museum is closed on Mondays. Due to its visiting hour restrictions, the order of the program can be changed.
- For the Morning City Tour with Acropolis option, pick-up is available from Hotel Amalia only at 09:45.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.