A journey into the New Territories gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of the locals.
Across the New Territories much of Hong Kong's rich heritage has been preserved and restored. This tour allows you to learn about the customs and traditions of the locals, many of which have been maintained through the centuries.
- Visit Chuk Lam Shim Yuen, an impressive Buddhist monastery.
- Tai Mo Shan, the highest mountain in Hong Kong, along Route Twisk. There will be a stop at Route Twisk lookout point for views of Lam Chuen Valley, Shek Kong military airport and beyond.
- Pass through Kam Tin and head to Fanling.
- Stop by at Lotus Café, located next to Fanling Golf Course, where you can have some light refreshment.
- Luen Wo Market. You'll get time to explore a multi storey wet market.
- Tung Chun Ling Ancestral Hall. See architecture dating back to 1525 when this hall was originally built in honour of the founding ancestor.
- Lo Wai (old walled village). It is the first of the five renowned walled villages in Lung Yeuk Tau, dating back to the 13th Century.
- An invite to the oldest brick house for a home visit in Lo Wai.
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expense
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel pick-up
- This tour has a 4 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- This tour is unavailable during the Lunar New Year Celebration (dates vary each year).
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.