Huahine is renowned for its Royal Village of Maeva, considered as one of the most important archaeological areas in all of Oceania. Traditionally Maeva was the seat of all Royal power on the island hence the interest for all remnants of old times. The numerous stone fish traps in Lake Fauna Nui helped to supply an abundance of food for these royal villagers.
Located just above the village of Maeva, you will visit Mata'ire'a hill. The area is home to more than 200 stone structures, including a "marae" (ancient open air temple), agricultural terraces, house foundations, fortification walls and burial platforms.
Enjoy a visit to a fruit and vegetable plantation, feed the giant blue eyed eels at Faei village and drive up to the Belvedere lookout for a beautiful view of Maroe Bay and Huahine Iti. Stop at the bridge between Huahine Nui and Huahine Iti and pass through Fiti'i village to see the main town of Fare, a charming village, testimony of a modern but traditional island life.
- Pick-up and drop-off at any hotels or pensions in Huahine Nui ONLY
- Mineral water
- Anthropologist driver guide
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Vehicles used have been built for this type of excursion; however, comfort depends on the roads used.
- The excursion requires healthy conditions. Follow your guide's instructions.
- Program can be modified, postponed or cancelled by the supplier without prior notice.
- Please feel free to revert to us should you need any additional information.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 8 persons.
- Participants must be at least 3 years old.
- Departure times vary depending on hotel location.
This excursion in seat in coach services is non-refundable if cancelled 7 days or less prior to the chosen tour date.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.