Come and visit a unique tourist destination in Costa Rica that is just two hours away from San Jose. Jungle Crocodile Safari offers a tour that is specially designed for adventurers and bird watchers, yet safe for the whole family.
The adventure takes place on the Tarcoles River, one of four rivers flowing out into the Nicoya Peninsula, as well as home to one of the world's largest crocodile populations in the wild with crocodiles up to fifteen feet long.
In addition to the crocodiles, over fifty different kinds of birds can be seen on site, including the very rare scarlet macaw and a great variety of resident and migrant waterfowl. Iguanas and Jesus Christ lizards* are very common as well.
The Jungle Crocodile Safari's tour time is 2 hours. Our bilingual tourist guide offers expert orientation about the crocodiles and other associated wildlife. On the way downstream, the boat heads along the Guacalillo estuary, a most incredible mangrove ecosystem that features four different species of mangrove trees.
*Jesus Christ lizards are given their nickname because of their ability to run across the top of water when fleeing from predators.
- Tarcoles River Crocodile Safari
- Boat ride
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- You are advised to wear light clothes, comfortable shoes and a hat.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. All tickets will be refunded or rescheduled in this case. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.