Following the seafront along the beaches of Tambaú, Manaíra and Bessa, the excursion arrives at Intermares, stopping to visit a sea turtle nesting area where this endangered species attempts to reverse the cycle.
Proceeding along the coastline, we'll pass the beaches of Camboinha and Formosa, reaching the port town of Cabedelo where we'll explore the Colonial Fortress of Santa Catarina. This strategically positioned fortification was the city's primary defense against the Dutch who threatened the Portuguese rule of Brazil. Views from the walls offer postcard views of the ocean and beaches. We'll also see the official starting point of the Trans-Amazon Highway.
The return journey includes a stop for lunch (not included), with free time for sea bathing. Don't miss your chance to try the region's wide variety of freshly caught seafood dishes.
- Bessa Beach
- Intermares sea turtle nesting area
- Free time to swim and fresh seafood (optional)
- Port town of Cabedelo
- Fortress of Santa Catarina
- Trans-Amazon Highway
- Witness the sunset on Jacare Beach to the sound of Ravel's Bolero
- Roundtrip transfers View Hotel Pick Up List
- Professional tour guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Fortress of Santa Catarina entry fee
- English tours are only available on private basis.
- Free hotel pick up from all major Joao Pessoa hotels is available. You must include your hotel name when booking and please call between 24-48 hours prior to your trip to verify your pickup time
- The following items are recommended: sunscreen, sunglasses, swim suit, sandals, towel, hiking boots or tennis shoes.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.