Jodhpur is a city in the princely state of Rajasthan, the home of the Rathore rulers. A high ten kilometer long stone wall protects this well fortified city. Within these walls stands an imposing fort on a low range of sandstone hills, about 125 meters above the surrounding plains.
This tour takes us to Mehrangarh Fort, founded in 1459 AD by Rao Jodha (after whom the city is named). It is intricately adorned with long carved panels and latticed windows of exquisite designs in red sandstone. We will also visit the Jaswant Thada, an imposing white marble cenotaph built to commemorate the acts of bravery and generosity of the rulers in 19th century. We will also pass by a local market to see the hustle bustle of everyday Jodhpur life.
- Airconditioned transportation
- Services of an English speaking guide
- Assistance at the hotel at the time of pickup
- All presently applicable taxes
- Entrances & camera fee (still and video) at the monuments
- Tips and gratuities
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tours in other languages are available upon request and at an additional charge.
- There will be an additional charge of USD12 as entrance for city tour of Jodhpur. This will be collected on the day of your tour.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.