Jodhpur is a city in the princely state of Rajasthan, the home of the Rathore rulers. A high ten kilometer long stone wall protects this well fortified city. Within these walls stands an imposing fort on a low range of sandstone hills, about 125 meters above the surrounding plains.
This tour takes us to Mehrangarh Fort, founded in 1459 AD by Rao Jodha (after whom the city is named). It is intricately adorned with long carved panels and latticed windows of exquisite designs in red sandstone. We will also visit the Jaswant Thada, an imposing white marble cenotaph built to commemorate the acts of bravery and generosity of the rulers in 19th century. We will also pass by a local market to see the hustle bustle of everyday Jodhpur life.
- Airconditioned transportation
- Services of an English speaking guide
- Assistance at the hotel at the time of pickup
- All presently applicable taxes
Excludes - Entrances & camera fee (still and video) at the monuments
- Tips and gratuities
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tours in other languages are available upon request and at an additional charge.
- There will be an additional charge of USD12 as entrance for city tour of Jodhpur. This will be collected on the day of your tour.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.