The Gap of Dunloe is a magnificent defile running four miles between the McGillycuddy Reeks and the Purple mountain group. At the entrance to the gap is a famous cottage, named after a woman called Kate Kearney who died in childbirth at the age of 102! Having arrived at the cottage by coach the visitor then commences the seven mile journey through the Gap to Lord Brandon's cottage by trap, pony or on foot, where a light lunch can be obtained. There is much evidence of glacial action in the Gap, in striae and ice-moulded rocks. The towering summits if the Reeks, the changing shadows on the Purple and Tomies mountains, the silence and solitude of the rugged glen - all combine to make an unforgettable impression upon the visitor. The boats depart from Brandon Cottage approx 2.15pm and arrive in the afternoon at Ross Castle having come through the three lakes of Killarney. On this section of the tour you will be enchanted by the stories and folklore of the boatmen. A motorcoach will await you at Ross Castle to take you back to Killarney.
- Coach ride
- Guided tour
- Entrance fees
- Jaunting car or pony ride
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 5 years old are free of charge.
- There is a seven mile walk through the Gap of Dunloe. You can arrange for a jaunting car or a pony ride through the Gap if you do not wish or are unable to walk through the Gap, but this is not included in the price of our tour.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.