Kyoto in One Day - Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji, Imperial Palace, Heian Jingu Shrine and Kiyomizu-dera
- See some of Kyoto's remarkable UNESCO-listed World Heritage sites - Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji and Kiyomizu-dera
- Walk through the Kyoto Imperial Palace, former residence of the Imperial family
- Visit the Heian Jingu Shrine and Sanjusangendo Temple
- Enjoy Japanese-style lunch
- Professional English-speaking tour guide throughout
- With pick-up from select Kyoto hotels
Type: Day Tours in Kyoto
Departs From: Kyoto
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up
Duration: 8 hours
Available: daily at 08:45
Product Code: 1377
Experience Kyoto, Japan's capital from 794 - 1868. Visit Nijo Castle, the residence of the Tokugawa era shoguns, and the gold-leaf covered Golden Pavilion, which houses sacred relics of Buddha and is surrounded by exquisite gardens renowned for their beauty. Walk through Kyoto Imperial Palace and see its elegant interiors. Visit Heian Jingu Shrine, a partial replica of the Imperial Palace. Walk through Sanjusangendo Temple, Japan's longest wooden structure, famous for its 1,001 human-sized Kannon statues, and browse through the specialty shops leading up to Kiyomizudera Temple for a sweeping view of the city.
The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion)
The most authentic and exquisite Japanese style garden in the world, plus the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace
The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness.
Kitano Tenman-gu Shrine
The main shrine has been designated a national treasure. It is famous as the God of Study.
Enjoy Japanese-style lunch before we continue to Heian-Jingu Shrine.
Heian Jingu Shrine
Graceful old court life is reflected in the brightly colored shrine with its vermilion pillars and green roof, and in its enchanting inner gardens and ponds.
A renowned long wooden hall housing 1,001 statues of the Buddhist deity Kannon that date back to the 13th century.
A quaint old lane lined with pottery shops leads to the temple. Enjoy a sweeping view of the entire city from its lofty terrace.
- Japanese-style lunch
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick up
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Kyoto hotels.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- On Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. On these days, the tour will visit an alternative destination (typically Nishi Honganji Temple). The same is true of the period before and after the public viewing of the Kyoto Imperial Palace in April and October, May 14 to 17 due to the Aoi Festival, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event.
- Please note that you are required to follow necessary procedures before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace. Please give your full name, nationality, gender and age upon entry.
- Please provide advance notice if your party consists of 5 or more Japanese citizens. Your party's entry to the Kyoto Imperial Palace may be denied if advance notice is not given.
- On Tuesdays (Wednesday if Tuesday is a national holiday) in January, July, August, and December, Nijo Castle is closed. The tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple instead.
- Drop off service to the Karasuma Kyoto Hotel is not available during the Gion Festival (July 14 - 17).
- Pick-up service from Kyoto Hotel Okura, Karasuma Kyoto Hotel, Hotel Monterey Kyoto and Nikko Princess Kyoto will not be available dunring the Gion Festival (17 July) and the Jidai Festival (22 October) due to traffic restrictions.
- Connection point for Kyoto Maiko Dinner will change from Rihga Royal to Kyoto Hotel Okura (Kiyomizu Temple still available also).
- On Jan. 25, May 25 and Oct. 25, Nishi Hongan-ji Temple will serve as the alternative for Kitano Tenmangu Shrine.
- This tour will not enter Heian Jingu Shrine's Shin-en garden.
- Vegetarian option is available.
Click on the season date to view price
Price per adult $110.95
Price per child $91.37
Departs daily at 08:45
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
Roberta C., USA
Really enjoyed the tour; got to see outstanding Kyoto sites. Unfortunately, individuals returned to the bus late, and the rest of the stops were too rushed.
Payel S., India
It was very nice. The guidance, the food, the spots chosen for the tourists - all were nice.
"If you want to sit back and leave the driving (and navigating Japan) to someone else, then this is the tour for you. I loved the fact that lunch was included in the full day option. My daughter and I were very tired after two weeks of walking every day and taking multiple trains to our sightseeing destinations; the ease of the bus taking us door to door, and our (very wonderful) tour guide explaining everything we might not have learned any other way was very good for us. I also appreciated the efficiency of seeing so much all in one day. I feel confident that we got to view some of the major sights of Kyoto. I feel like we made the most of our last day in Kyoto. The guide KC (Casey?) was hilarious. We really appreciated his happy, outgoing personality. It kept the tour light and fun, even though the day get rather long toward the end of the trip. I highly recommend this tour. The price was reasonable for the amount of sights and information we received. Sugoi! (excellent)"
Hali B., USA