Kyoto in One Day - Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji, Imperial Palace, Heian Jingu Shrine and Kiyomizu-dera
- See some of Kyoto's remarkable UNESCO-listed World Heritage sites - Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji and Kiyomizu-dera
- Walk through the Kyoto Imperial Palace, former residence of the Imperial family
- Visit the Heian Jingu Shrine and Sanjusangendo Temple
- Enjoy Japanese-style lunch
- Professional English-speaking tour guide throughout
- With pick-up from select Kyoto hotels
Type: Day Tours in Kyoto
Departs From: Kyoto
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up
Duration: 8 hours
Available: daily at 08:45
Product Code: 1377
Experience Kyoto, Japan's capital from 794 - 1868. Visit Nijo Castle, the residence of the Tokugawa era shoguns, and the gold-leaf covered Golden Pavilion, which houses sacred relics of Buddha and is surrounded by exquisite gardens renowned for their beauty. Walk through Kyoto Imperial Palace and see its elegant interiors. Visit Heian Jingu Shrine, a partial replica of the Imperial Palace. Walk through Sanjusangendo Temple, Japan's longest wooden structure, famous for its 1,001 human-sized Kannon statues, and browse through the specialty shops leading up to Kiyomizudera Temple for a sweeping view of the city.
The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion)
The most authentic and exquisite Japanese style garden in the world, plus the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace
The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness.
Heian-no Mori Kyoto
Enjoy Japanese-style lunch.
Heian Jingu Shrine
Graceful old court life is reflected in the brightly colored shrine with its vermilion pillars and green roof, and in its enchanting inner gardens and ponds.
A renowned long wooden hall housing 1,001 statues of the Buddhist deity Kannon that date back to the 13th century.
A quaint old lane lined with pottery shops leads to the temple. Enjoy a sweeping view of the entire city from its lofty terrace.
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick up
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Kyoto hotels.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- On Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. On these days, the tour will visit an alternative destination (typically Nishi Honganji Temple). The same is true of the period before and after the public viewing of the Kyoto Imperial Palace in April and October, May 14 to 17 due to the Aoi Festival, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event.
- Please note that you are required to follow necessary procedures before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace. Please give your full name, nationality, gender and age upon entry.
- Please provide advance notice if your party consists of 5 or more Japanese citizens. Your party's entry to the Kyoto Imperial Palace may be denied if advance notice is not given.
- On Tuesdays (Wednesday if Tuesday is a national holiday) in January, July, August, and December, Nijo Castle is closed. The tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple instead. For 2013, Nijo Castle is also closed for the year-end/New Year's holidays.
- Drop off service to the Karasuma Kyoto Hotel is not available during the Gion Festival (July 14 - 17).
- The Heian Jingu Shrine will be closed to the public for the Jidai Festival on 22 October 2013, the tour will visit Chishaku-in Temple instead.
- Pick-up service from Kyoto Hotel Okura, Karasuma Kyoto Hotel, Hotel Monterey Kyoto and Nikko Princess Kyoto will not be available dunring the Gion Festival (17 July) and the Jidai Festival (22 October) due to traffic restrictions.
- Connection point for Kyoto Maiko Dinner will change from Rihga Royal to Kyoto Hotel Okura (Kiyomizu Temple still available also).
Price per adult $125.55
Price per child $103.39
Departs daily at 08:45
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.