Type: Tours in the Algarve
Departs From: Lagos
Meeting Point: Hotel pick up
Duration: Full day
Available: Tuesday Thursday Friday Sunday at 07:30
Product Code: 7805
Our first stop is the ancient city of Silves, the ancient Arab capital of Algarve. You will be able to see the Silves Castle, one of the best well preserved Moorish castles in the country, and the Silves Cathedral, the main Gothic monument in Algarve.
Then we will continue to Lagos, an ancient maritime town that Prince Henry the Navigator called home. It was here that he sent ships to Morocco and Africa. Visit some of the town's most well known sites, including the statue of Prince Henry, the Antonine Museum, and the site of the former slave market.
Finally, we will go to Sagres, a fishing village that was the starting point of many expeditions. Here we can find Cape St. Vincent, the southwesternmost point in Portugal, and the lighthouse of one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world.
- Hotel pick-up
- Guided visits
- Lunch, depending on option selected
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge.
- Tours in Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, Italian and Spanish are available upon request.
- Departure times may vary depending on location. Please contact the local tour operator to confirm your schedule at least 24 hours before departure.
Price per adult $44.79
Price per child $22.40
Departs Tuesday Thursday Friday Sunday at 07:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 10 and below.
Jason K., USA
This tour covers a lot of ground, which is good. But maybe it was too much bus time in the end. A tour half this length would have been better. There were some high points: the lighthouse at Point St Vincent offered fantastic views and the guide's lunch suggestion with multiple food options, wine, dessert and liqueur all included was an excellent value for authentic Algarve cuisine. My advice: remove Montchique from the tour and it would improve the flow significantly.