This full-day tour takes you to the famous Lipica Stud Farm and the Skocjan Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At the Lipica Stud Farm a local guide will take you on a guided tour through the stables, pointing out different methods of stages of breeding and training of these noble animals. A special feature is a show-program of star Lipizzaner studs performing the excellence of what they have learnt in their school of training.
The Skocjan Caves have an extremely complex system of cave passages in a total length of 5.8 kilometers. The caves are the biggest and best-known natural phenomenon within the classical karst area. With the shifting of sink holes in the geological past, numerous collapsed valleys have formed at the contact point where flysch meets limestone under the caverns.
The caves, with an immense underground gorge and halls, are the beginning of the Škocjan underground system. The caves probably have the biggest cave hall in Europe, measuring 12,000 square meters (1.2 hectares) in cross section. The Reka River runs underground for almost 40 kilometers, to the sources of the Timav in the Gulf of Trieste in Italy.
With their depth of 163 meters, Velika dolina and Mala dolina charm every visitor. You can enjoy the finest view of both valleys with the natural bridge and the cave that separates them from an observation point.
- Hotel pick-up
- English speaking driver
- Entrance fees to the Lipica Stud Farm and the Skocjan Caves
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costsCancellation policy
- Cancellations made 5 days before tour departure will incur a 100% fee and no refund will be provided.
- A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable.
- Hotel pick-up is available for hotels in Ljubljana only. Please call at least 48 hours to arrange your pick-up.