Arrive at Euston Station at 08:00 and meet our tour representative by the Ticket Office who will check you in and escort you to your reserved seats. Train departs at 08:30 arriving at Oxenholme in the Lake District at 11:08, where your guide will meet you on the platform. Oxenholme, Lake District and Beatrix Potter
Admire the spectacular views of Lake Windermere, as you make your way through the narrow country lanes that criss-cross this scenic landscape. We stop for a photo opportunity on the shores of Esthwaite Water, where Beatrix Potter penned her famous stories. Next we visit Hill Top*, the home of Beatrix Potter and see the farm and gardens. We continue to the medieval village of Hawkshead with its quaint alleyways. On our way to Coniston Water where we will enjoy a lake cruise, we pass Tarn Hows, a picturesque beauty spot and cross the Yew Tree Valley keeping our eyes open for the local roe deer. On our return to Windermere we have a photo stop at Yew Tree Farm which was the setting for the film, Miss Potter. Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe - Home of Beatrix Potter
We will have a delicious cream tea in this classic Lakeland country house hotel in Bowness set in 6 acres of its own private garden. It was the home of the Potter family and where Beatrix Potter stayed. Your guide will then escort you back to the train station for your return journey back to London leaving Oxenholme at 18:29 arriving at 21:24.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
- Reserved Seats on Virgin Trains
- Photo stop at Wray Castle
- Lake Cruise on Coniston Water
- See Bowness & Tarn Hows
- See Yew Tree Farm, where Miss Potter was filmed
- Visit Hawkshead Village
- Visit Hill Top Farm
- Cream Tea at Beatrix Potters's own home Lindeth Howe
- Cruise on Coniston Water
- Cream Tea at the Peter Rabbit Tea Garden
- First class includes breakfast, snack and refreshments served at your seat
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Hill Top is closed on Fridays, however, the gardens and shop are open.
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed to take this tour.
- There will be no refund once booked.
- Please make sure you book this tour 2 days before your preferred tour date.
- During the off peak season, this tour may be subject to cancellation, in which case alternatives/tour upgrades will be offered. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- - 25% cancellation Fee: 46 days prior to date of activity.
- - 50% cancellation Fee: 16 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 16 days before the date of activity.